Author Topic: An unusual map  (Read 12548 times)

Offline Buckaroo

An unusual map
« on: June 25, 2020, 04:21:47 am »
I collect cloth/canvas/linen fantasy cloth maps from games etc.  One of my most unusual maps (obviously not cloth - but I will grab anything map wise that catches my interest) is one like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84L-K3DnBpk

Offline TerraEsperZ

Re: An unusual map
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2020, 06:33:30 am »
Please tell me that's not your channel, otherwise I might have to scold you for not giving us a slow overview of that map's detailing!

You might know (or not) that back in the 80s, Nintendo Power magazine had a promotion where they gave you a free copy of Dragon Warrior with a full subscription, which is how I obtained the game. I'm intimately familiar with this map, enough so that it took me only as few seconds to realize the map wasn't oriented properly for the majority of the video. I *really* wish we had gotten a better closeup of it because the way they handled altitude seemed really cool.

In any case, thanks for sharing!
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Buckaroo

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2020, 09:26:50 am »
Heh - just something I grabbed to show it - thought it was a bit better than just a picture.

It certainly is one of my oddest maps - I do have a bunch of tablecloth sized vinyl ones which are impressive - not terribly practical unless you are  having burgers on them though.

I just ordered a fantasy map that is on wood - haven't got it yet though.

(And you are welcome!)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 09:27:50 am by Buckaroo »

Offline Marscaleb

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2020, 10:14:26 pm »
Did that come with a different piece in each box or something?

Offline Buckaroo

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2021, 09:41:22 am »
Did that come with a different piece in each box or something?
  I think when they came out in Japan they could be bought as sets of boxes to make a complete map but they could also be bought as separate boxes.