Author Topic: Mother 3  (Read 8366 times)

Offline N. Harmonik

Mother 3
« on: December 06, 2020, 01:24:18 pm »
Maps with item locations, directions, points of interest and maybe even enemy info would be nice please.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Re: Mother 3
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2020, 07:52:06 am »
I absolutely second this request.  For a cult favourite, it's surprising that we haven't gotten maps for this yet.

I should mention the Mother 3 Handbook available from Fangamer.com.  This is not a sponsored post, I just thought it was cool to point out.  It's a fan-made guide, that, like some of the reviews say, is also a work of art.  272 full-colour pages featuring illustrations and sculpted models, it perfectly captures the essence of the EarthBound Player's Guide by Nintendo Power which was included with the Super NES game.  The Mother 3 Handbook is in English and based on a translation patch for the GBA game, I'm sure.  It is $32, and there is also a $6 digital version (.PDF).

Of course, I'd still like directly-ripped maps for VGMaps.com, so hopefully in sharing this I haven't reduced the likelihood of that...

EDIT: Wait, now I'm not sure if this actually has directly-ripped maps.  The description doesn't claim to, but does say they have "custom-designed and hand-drawn maps, diagrams, and illustrations".  They certainly don't make it clear in the photos.  These two shots below seem to show maps but one is clearly not ripped and the other seems monochromatic.  Unless the area is supposed to be that way, I don't remember, it's been a while.  Does anyone have this book?  Or should I dive in and get at least the $6 .PDF file to see for myself?

« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 10:24:26 am by JonLeung »

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2020, 06:27:54 pm »
I was just about to post about the same thing!

I bought a digital copy of this guide years ago for the maps alone since I've never even played a Mother game before...
As a fan guide, it is easily more professionally made than many of the last few game guides published on paper.

Of course, it's a guide and not a series of image files on VGMaps but if you're looking for an amazing walkthrough for Mother 3, this guide is the best thing available.
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline N. Harmonik

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2020, 06:13:44 pm »
The text is a little small but there is a free version available.

http://handbook.fangamer.com/index.html

Offline G.E.R.

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2021, 10:00:08 am »
If it need, I can to rip it. It doesn't take a lot of time