Author Topic: Strange Dreams  (Read 13766 times)

Offline bustin98

• Administrator
Strange Dreams
« on: April 25, 2006, 12:51:02 pm »
Have a strange dream? Post it here so we can go all analytical on its meaning and come up with reasons why you dreamt what you did.

I thought I'd post one of my most earliest dreams, from when I was 3 or 4. I dreamt that a tyranasaurus rex ripped the roof off the house looking for me. And I was hiding behind a couch where I was hoping I could see it but it couldn't see me.

Funny how I knew what a t-rex looked like back then. But I do have a ton of dinosaur books so that might explain it.

---

Cool beans

Offline Inty

RE: Strange Dreams
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 01:05:35 pm »
O_O

That sounds the same as my dream at about the same age. Except i was in a greenhouse hiding under a table.

---

Your browser doesn't support object.
<b>I need £5 paypal to pay subs ._.</b>

Offline Grizzly

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 02:05:27 pm »
I had a similar dream with a big ape (imagine King Kong). And I was hiding in a stone pipe in the forest. But I had to run first until I found the pipe. It was a recurrent dream I must have had at a similar age, 4 or 5 years.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 05:42:00 pm »
Sorry, but I don't need anyone to interprete my wacked-out dreams. What's significant is usually pretty obvious since I know my psyche very well, and the rest is usually a "guess the reference or inspiration" type of game where I try to determine what in my life resulted in which ethereal abnormality.

Too bad my dream file is written mostly in French or consist mostly of hastily typed notes, or else I might share some of the more bizarre dreams with you guys.

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Revned

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2006, 06:31:25 pm »
I often dream about what I spent the day doing, or what I have to do the next. Once I dreamt about the tiles in a map going out of whack....

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2006, 06:57:48 pm »
Okay, I'll share one which happened two nights ago actually. Now, I've spent the last week or so mapping Metroid Fusion like crazy, and ended up spending almost all my time in Visualboy Advance's Map Browser to try and capture the various layers of the screen and beyond.

Well my dream or should I say, nightmare, was all about those tiles and layers. The dream wasn't about me mapping; it was completely divorced from the context and was just about tiles, colors, transparencies, shifting blocks around and trying to composite rooms together. It was really tiring, and frustrating because it was rather unimaginative as far as my dreams go. If I'm going to remember them, I prefer them to be interesting and full of fascinating images and experiences.

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline bustin98

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2006, 07:31:38 pm »
Thats like dreaming of Tetris after playing for too long. Since hitting adulthood I have quit having the more interesting dreams. But I thought the subject is a different one compared to what alot of forums discuss.

And we really don't have to pick them apart. We can do that to normal every day posts just as easily ;)

---

Cool beans