Author Topic: Today, I ran straight into a moving trailer...  (Read 9254 times)

Offline TerraEsperZ

Today, I ran straight into a moving trailer...
« on: December 12, 2006, 09:27:52 pm »
Alright, first let's set the scene:

Right after work, I had trouble crossing a street just in front of where I work. It was dark, and cars kept coming in from both direction. At one point, it looked like the way would be clear for a few seconds so I headed toward the other side, timing myself to cross right after a minivan had passed me.

It turned out that said minivan was carrying a small flatbed trailer *with no lights* so in the dark, I never even saw it. I was expecting to cross the road and instead, my knee smashed into the side of the moving trailer, sending me for a spin or two before crashing on the ground. After the initial shock where I was wondering what the hell I had just run into, I managed to get off the street, and incidentally confirming that I had no obvious bone fractures.

Thankfully, my apartment is 5 minutes away from a hospital and 10 minutes from work, so getting to the emergency room wasn't too had even though my leg did hurt quite a bit. Turns out nothing was broken and I just had a major bruise above my knee. Heck, I didn't even bleed (at least, not above the skin). After receiving a tetanus shot just in case, I was able to walk home with one heck of a battle scar!

User posted image

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
RE: Today, I ran straight into a moving trailer...
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 09:50:51 pm »
Yikes.  Does that hurt much anymore?  Hope that heals well.

Wouldn't the driver of the minivan notice?  That's pretty dumb of them and irresponsible to not make their trailers visible.

And I hope that's the only time I ever have to see a picture of you with your pants down.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 09:52:46 pm »
It hardly even stings anymore, and it's been about 7 hours since the "hit". And yeah, don't expect anymore pictures of my pants down. Pervert :P

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline mephea

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2006, 05:23:21 am »
omgosh, more pics with your pants down!  notice there is a towel on the floor....what were you doing hmm?

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2006, 11:00:44 am »
mephea Said:
omgosh, more pics with your pants down!  notice there is a towel on the floor....what were you doing hmm?

That's my bathroom mat (well, a replacement anyway since I don't have a real dedicated mat). And as for what I was doing, well I hadn't been to the bathroom in over 19 hours, so it was kind of a priority after coming home. It was just quicker to take a picture then instead since simply removing my pants was painful enough at that point.

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2006, 12:27:54 pm »
mephea Said:
I always thought you two had something going on.  I'll leave you two alone now.

TerraEsperZ

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2007, 02:29:40 pm »
Ouch That looked like it hurt I have a story involving a parked semi trailer. I was walking home from the McDonald's near my house and there is a grocery store in an alley that I can walk to and from that McDonald's It was still sunny out and I walked head first into the trailer I had a real nice bruise on my forehead for at least 3 weeks. The sun was right in my eyes. Before I knew where the trailer was it was too late to go around it.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2007, 07:00:36 pm »
Bright sunlight can be really dangerous, especially in times like these where the roads are wet and thus highly reflective.

A side-effect of my crashing into a moving trailer  is that whenever I watch both sides of a street before crossing, I tend not to trust my eyes and check both sides a second time just to be sure. Checking dead angles while driving is also similarily stressing.

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)