Author Topic: Upcoming maps by George S  (Read 7681 times)

Offline GHS

Upcoming maps by George S
« on: December 25, 2022, 03:03:58 pm »
My upcoming maps for the new year.

the immortal :sega genesis
wonder boy :arcade
clockwork aquario :arcade
light crudader (the maps will be of clean individual floors with solutions)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Re: Upcoming maps by George S
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2022, 09:17:06 pm »
Good choices!  I look forward to all of them.

Clockwork Aquario sounded noteworthily familiar, so I looked it up just now to reconfirm... that's that arcade game that was completed but never actually released in arcades, but then dusted off and brought out a year ago (December 2021) on Switch and PS4.  That's kind of sad that it didn't see the light of day originally, but it's good that it eventually got its chance almost three decades later!

Offline GHS

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2022, 07:54:05 am »
Yes clockwork aquario in avalable on Switch and PS4 ans soon PC but it is avalable on HBMAME (thats how I'm compiling the map)
It is on HBMAME because from that I was told "Clockwork Aquario is emulated, but it uses a custom emulator that was modified quite abit - this was needed as the original source had some missing data. It simply wasnt feaseable to get the missing audio and video data back into the ROM in an easy way and still keep it within System18 limitations.
Therefore both ROM and Emu are a one of a kind custom solution that make it highly unlikely to get it run in MAME without alot of work." "So it is a true restoration, but the restoration hasnt been done for the original System18. For example the original game only had a certain number of graphic memory banks, for the restoration this was extended, so more could fit into roms than originally possible. The original audio roms for the game have been lost, but CD audio recordings existed, so those were integrated into the game - something the original system couldnt really do :)
So what this means is that the standard System18 emu of Mame wouldnt be able to run it."
So to get it to work on acual system 18 hardware (MAME) you would have to modify it like M2 did with system 16C for Fanasy Zone 2 OR someone heavily modifies the rom to get it to run on system 18.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2022, 08:01:07 am by GHS »

Offline GHS

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2023, 10:37:05 am »
MonsterWorld 4 will be the next maps after Light Crudader. Maybe.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2023, 10:39:02 am by GHS »