General Boards > Gaming

Got 1000 Korok Seeds in The Legend Of Zelda: Tears Of The Kingdom

(1/1)

JonLeung:

Just got the 1000th Korok Seed in The Legend Of Zelda: Tears Of The Kingdom.

(If only I hadn't spent three of them, so I could see what having all 1000 on hand would be like.)

I still haven't even started a second Temple... and I'm 185 hours in.

Context: like in The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild, there are MANY Korok Seeds found hidden all around the world.  Not all of them are necessary to find, in this game, only about 440some can be traded to increase inventory space for weapons, bows, and shields, and so over 550 of them could be considered "redundant" if you're not a completionist.  Yes, I did have to look up many of these locations; I think it would be even more insane to find them all without some help!

I actually still prefer the more linear Zelda games to the open-world ones, but I figure I might as well really lean into the open-worldness to try to appreciate it as much as I can, and so I am doing everything other than the story, for a sense of being supremely overpowered when I finally do get to it. It is probably the way to get the most fun out of it, for me. The monotonous task of looking up Korok locations would be more tiring and feel more pointless if I did it AFTER doing the main story, so getting that behind me certainly means the game can be more fun now.

I've already maxed out all of the upgrades for all the armor that I think I can get at this point (just don't have a full Zora set, the Charged Armor, some circlets, and the Ancient Hero's Aspect). The only reason why I haven't cleared all 152 Shrines is because I think one needs Yunobo (who I haven't gotten yet) and I'm deliberately avoiding the Shrine that teaches the most basic Combat Training for last. I haven't done a single Flurry Rush yet, and I think it's because I haven't even learned it in this game yet since I'm leaving that Shrine for last.

Wonder if I should trade in these Korok Seeds right away, or enjoy holding all 997 for a bit longer.

And then what's next? Maybe I should get all the Bubbul Gems...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version