Author Topic: 2023/11: Shinobi III: Return Of The Ninja Master (Genesis) - John Brain  (Read 6064 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator

For this month's "Maps Of The Month" featurette, I wish to draw your attention to John Brain's Shinobi III: Return Of The Ninja Master (Genesis) maps.

The Shadow Master has brought back the evil crime syndicate, Neo Zeed.  The heroic ninja, Joe Musashi, sets out to vanquish them (again) so that they will stop threatening the world.  What challenges will this shinobi face this time?

Shinobi III: Return Of The Ninja Master is a solid, action-packed ninja platformer, the kind that comes to mind when you think of Sega Genesis classics.  With all of Joe's ninja moves and abilities, you lay waste to baddies as you guide him through seven varied Rounds, ranging from forest caves to massively tall cliffsides to some facility with some kind of biological horror growing underneath it.  There are also chases on horseback and a surfboard.  All of this is mapped by a Genesis fan known here as John Brain.

So to recognize the effort put into mapping all of this 16-bit ninja action, John Brain's Shinobi III: Return Of The Ninja Master (Genesis) maps will be known as VGMaps.com's Maps Of The Month for November 2023.

Offline John Brain

Re: 2023/11: Shinobi III: Return Of The Ninja Master (Genesis) - John Brain
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2023, 07:11:06 pm »
Thank you! I didn't play the previous games, but I was lucky to have this one on my Sega Genesis. A game that both looks cool and isn't too hard to play or to map...
Especially with a "walk through walls" Game Genie code. ;D I wish all other games had this one. Such a great convenience for mapping.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2023, 07:12:52 pm by John Brain »