Author Topic: Raptor: Call of the Shadows Bravo Sector, level 1  (Read 25671 times)

Offline Crixomix

Re: Raptor: Call of the Shadows Bravo Sector, level 1
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2009, 08:22:34 pm »
@Maxim. What do you mean different width? I tried changing the size of the window to all different sizes and it never quite worked out right. At one point I got some of it to work, but it seems like I can't get the maximum width of the window to be enough for it to stretch right.
What I'm doing with raw candy is loading the raptor .pal file, and then opening the GLBs. Is there a step I'm missing?

And @DarkWolf Do you have any idea which bitmaps? And I don't know anything about hex and such. And I'm only a very beginning programmer, so that wouldn't work too well. Any other advice?

Thanks for the quick responses guys!

EDIT: After playing around a bit more with raw candy, I discovered some actual tiles! The only problem is they're all separated into little blocks that don't even match up... With 64 width on raw candy, I found some tiles in File0001 and File0002.GLB. I just have NO idea how to get them easily without hours of effort print screening and cropping.... Also there are little black lines that seem to be randomly around and those mess up the images.
As a last thought, I'd like to say the sprites are more important than the background, so I really want to know how to get them
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 09:02:33 pm by Crixomix »

Offline Maxim

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2009, 12:31:44 am »
The data files contain the raw bitmaps and other data (which shows up as black lines). Without fully parsing the data format, you won't be able to extract all of the data.

You could try reverse engineering the data format, but the checksums mean you can't just edit the data to help with that. The alternative is just to screengrab and edit out the sprites, but that's hard manual work too.

Offline Crixomix

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2009, 01:22:19 pm »
The data files contain the raw bitmaps and other data (which shows up as black lines). Without fully parsing the data format, you won't be able to extract all of the data.

You could try reverse engineering the data format, but the checksums mean you can't just edit the data to help with that. The alternative is just to screengrab and edit out the sprites, but that's hard manual work too.

Yeah, I have no idea what parsing is, how to reverse engineer the data format, or what checksums are. I'm more than willing to work to get these, I just have no idea how to do it. Or maybe I'm just trying to do something impossible and I should give up?