Author Topic: Donkey Kong Land 2 (GB)  (Read 129123 times)

Offline The Ultimate Koopa

RE: Donkey Kong Land 2 (GB)
« Reply #120 on: April 01, 2008, 04:29:15 pm »
Well I'm sorry if it's annoying but it's annoying to me, when no one gives a crap about this topic and sometimes it's completely IGNORED for 6-7 weeks...

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #121 on: April 01, 2008, 04:44:25 pm »
Map requests aren't easy to fill, TUK.  The purpose of this board is to ask, and for others to consider fulfilling them.

I don't want to discourage requests, but you have to understand that they can't necessarily be fulfilled in a timely fashion, and some of your posts do come off as sounding a little unappreciative of what has been done so far.

Fearnavigatr actually considered your request, so in that sense, you're lucky.  It's not easy to ask someone to spend hours or days or even weeks to put something together just 'cause you'd like it and expect anybody to reply at all.

If Fearnavigatr is still serious about mapping this, I would suggest you contact him directly.  It's one thing to make a post to add something to this topic, but if you're just bumping it up for the sake of bumping it then it would be best to email him.  It's not so much that it's annoying - it's just rather fruitless.

I think many of us are confused at how much you love the Donkey Kong Land games (not that they're bad games, it's just that many of us feel other games ought to be mapped) and yet if it's so important to you, why you haven't directed that energy into trying to map them yourself.  You give the impression that you do have time on your hands if most of the posts in this topic are yours, just asking how it's coming along.  You'd be done by now if you tried it yourself.

« Reply #122 on: April 02, 2008, 10:04:24 am »
Actually Fearnavigatr already started this before I even requested anything... what I don't like is how Fearnavigatr said "Just a notice. I've decided to make this map project into my school project work, meaning it will now get quite a lot of priority.", which makes me think he will do maybe one map per week ... maybe longer... yet, not only does he sometimes not visit VGMaps.com for 3+ weeks, this entire topic does not get ONE... SINGLE... REPLY.... for as long as... well... I posted on February 24th, I then posted March 16th... there were 0 posts between... then again on March 31st....... yet another largish gap of 15 days...

Offline Maxim

« Reply #123 on: April 02, 2008, 10:22:43 am »
Why can't you? It's just a matter of lining things up in two axes instead of one, that's all there really is to it.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #124 on: April 02, 2008, 11:04:57 am »
The Ultimate Koopa, everyone here is really starting to consider you a spoiled, petulant child. Nobody owes you anything. Nobody. The regular mappers here map because they enjoy it and they post their work whenever they feel like it. It's nice to see people who are interested, but being constantly harassed like that would personally make me stop mapping if only to spite the annoying "fan".

Whatever Fearnavigatr may have said, he has not committed to deliver maps to you on a regular basis nor should he be held to any such obligation even if he did. A hobby ceases to be a hobby when it becomes an obligation, a chore. That's ultimately why I removed myself from the April Fool's project; I was not having fun, would rather have spent time mapping real games I enjoyed, and ultimately it came down to me doing it to please other people. Honestly, it's nice that you like this game, but the maps will be done when they done, and not before, no matter how much you whine and pester Fearnavigatr.

Look, you don't seem like a bad person so far, just *too* enthusiastic for your own good. but if you keep doing what you're doing right now, that is ringing the alarm every single week that a new map isn't delivered, nobody will want to talk to you anymore.

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Current projects: Sonic CD (Sega CD), Mega Man V (GB), Mega Man Zero (GBA), Battletoads (NES)
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

« Reply #125 on: April 02, 2008, 03:31:56 pm »
Firstly, it's not the fact that Fearnavagatr's not posting maps often, it's the fact that no one can be bothered to post in this entire topic for up to 7 weeks. THAT'S what I hate, when topics are COMPLETELY ignored! I had a topic I made in 2006, there was a post in mid-November 2006, and it was still like that as far as January 2007...

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #126 on: April 02, 2008, 04:14:19 pm »
TUK (can I call you that?), it's kind of hard for anyone to say anything in any topic with any sort of regularity.

Especially when you and Fearnavigatr are the only ones concerned with this, what would you expect the rest of us to say, even if we did come into this topic?  Whether it's intentional, directed ignoring, or just that we don't have any interest in the topic, or that we don't have anything to say, I don't see why you have to see the worst-case scenario when it likely isn't.

At least you should be happy we're not ignoring you now...  >_>  At least for the moment.  It might be intentional and direct soon!

Sounds like you're ignoring us, when we suggest that you talk to Fearnavigtr directly or that you try mapping this on your own...if you would at least consider those, and if this topic was more than you just asking how it's going, I think we'd be more receptive.  Or at least we wouldn't feel irked.

« Reply #127 on: April 03, 2008, 03:44:33 am »
OK ... how about I just leave this topic alone, and leave Fearnavigatr to do the maps when he's ready? (If he even feels like doing them now :()?

Offline Fearnavigatr

« Reply #128 on: April 21, 2008, 06:45:58 am »
Personally, I have no sort of ill feelings towards Ultimate Koopa's urgings themselves, but I am embarassed over how the topic bursted into such a size for an innocent map project.

As for the school project, I was unwise enough to give it a really late start.

Offline Eggz

« Reply #129 on: April 21, 2008, 12:56:43 pm »
A point I'd like to raise to Koopa; your expectations for topics to be consistently updated and commented on by everybody is a little unreasonable. Unlike a lot of the more popular forums i.e. IGN, GameFQS, etc., we're a small community here (only what, 200 members in all?). Expecting topics to be updated daily is almost impossible. Members have their own lives, school, work, other hobbies that aren't mapping. We map when we feel like it, we post when we feel like it, or we come here to socialize and unwind. And even then it's not usually in the map request board.

Here's what I suggest. Learn some patience. *IF* Fearnavigatr continues this project, great. *IF* he decides to post as he updates to the site, even better. But he doens't have to. Not everyone has a regular update schedule, myself included. Not everyone is like Will who update multiple times a week.

All to say, this is a small community, with a small forum. If you always expect a more active forum with multiple posts daily in every topic, you should look somewhere else. Personally, I like the slower flow of topics here; it's not overwhelming and topics are actually easy to follow.

---

This looks like a job for Science!
This looks like a job for Science!

« Reply #130 on: April 22, 2008, 05:00:34 am »
Eggz? Erm... it's not really wise to tell some one off who hasn't posted in this topic for 18 days.. for all you know I could have left VGMaps.com...

« Reply #131 on: April 22, 2008, 05:01:43 am »
Also, by ETA do you mean Estimated Time of Arrival, or something else, Fearnavigatr?

« Reply #132 on: April 22, 2008, 05:09:35 am »
Also, I don't expect multiple posts daily, I just expect this topic to have at least one post with a difference of smaller than up to a month.. maybe 1 post per week or something... maybe 2 weeks.... but not like 18+ days <_< anyway, I said I'd leave Fearnavigatr to do the maps (please say you're still doing them :( )... in his own time.

Offline Maxim

« Reply #133 on: April 22, 2008, 06:38:03 am »
I'd say, expect approximately 1 post every time there's something to report, regardless of how often that is.

Offline Fearnavigatr

« Reply #134 on: April 22, 2008, 08:45:18 am »
Estimated Time of Arrival, yes.

Even if would take me a total of five years to finish, I'm not planning to cancel this.