Author Topic: How do I embed a YouTube video!?  (Read 10447 times)

Offline TerraEsperZ

How do I embed a YouTube video!?
« on: May 02, 2007, 09:57:33 pm »
I know it can be done (JonLeung just did it with a Mega Man video) but I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it, or at least I don't feel like wasting hours figuring out something that I know is easy but which escapes me at the moment. Any help would be appreciated.

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
RE: How do I embed a YouTube video!?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 10:18:29 pm »
Well, as admin, I have full HTML capabilities...

I don't know the guts of the forums enough (that's bustin's job) to see if there's an option to allow non-admins to use all HTML code, or at least enough of it to a minimum user level.  I guess the concern is that someone could abuse that somehow.

In short...uh...don't bank on it happening anytime soon...  :/

What did you want to embed?  I'm here often enough, you could just post the code as it is and I could come around and edit it.  I believe that posts that I edit can have HTML, even if the post isn't mine to begin with.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 07:59:18 am »
Whew, I thought I had gone retarded or something. I'll post the YouTube <embed> data tonight. Thanks.

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 06:50:51 pm »
I've added the HTML code in the other thread. Now go and work that magic JonLeung >:)

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)