Site Boards > Message Board Announcements

2007-10-01: I am switching hosts.

(1/5) > >>

JonLeung:
I am switching hosts soon.

Be aware that if you post new messages from here on, you may lose them since I'm going to do a backup right away here, and the forums will be restored from the backup.

That doesn't mean you can be a jerk here either though.

EDIT: Never mind, it's not a huge rush.  Probably in a couple days.  bustin98 will shut down the forums and make a backup at that time.  So there won't be any lost posts if you post until then.

TerraEsperZ:
Having barely survived several board wipes/accidents/failed-missing backups, I am a bit distressed by this news :(

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me

JonLeung:
I had the foresight of backing this up myself on my own hard drive.

Plus, bustin's handling this one, so we'll be better off than when Inty did this.

TerraEsperZ:
It's not that I don't trust you, but... well, I've learned to keep an "I told you so" handy just in case ;)

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me

Maxim:
Backups aren't hard. Leave this board open as long as possible, flip the disable switch so people can't post, take a full backup - twice, on different computers - in a portable form (I'm hoping it's an SQL-based database underneath) and then there's no way you can lose anything, even if the end result is having to make a custom script to do the transfer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version