Author Topic: Happy Hallowe'en!  (Read 7831 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Happy Hallowe'en!
« on: October 31, 2007, 09:16:59 am »
Happy Hallowe'en!

Unfortunately, I'm not dressing up this year.  I haven't for quite a few years, actually.  I never got around to assembling the Link costume I wanted...with replica Master Swords and Hylian Shields seemingly becoming more commonly available in the past couple years, I thought I'd do that one of these Hallowe'ens.  But not this year.  And my parents were fussing about some Chinese thing about green hats signifying a person being cuckolded or something stupid like that.  Knowing how game-illiterate people I know are, I'm sure I'd get mistaken for Peter Pan which would be pretty annoying.

In the past I dressed up as a devil for several years in elementary (inappropriate now that I go to church, probably :P), then as Super Mario, Raccoon Mario, and Caped Mario.  (Probably because of the green hat thing, my mom didn't make a Luigi costume, just Mario costumes for both me and my bro.)  The last time I went trick-or-treating was when I was 18, my friend asked me to do it as a "one last time" kind of thing, and the only mask I could find on short notice was a Fulgore mask (you know, the cyborg from Killer Instinct).

Are any of you guys dressing up this year?  (And did/do you like the front page Hallowe'en-themed map links to Castlevania and other horror games?)

Offline Grizzly

RE: Happy Hallowe'en!
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 11:19:47 am »
I am not dressing up this year. I haven't done so for a handful of years now, but I cannot exactly remember when I did it the last time.

Well, to be exact, I never dressed up for Halloween as it never got a really big event in the city where I live. Today I saw some children dressing up but not that many. Traditionally, we have something called Nikolauslaufen (translates to something like 'Saint Nicholas walk') where we dress up and go on hunt for sweets on December 6th.

Because of this very similar custom we never had the need for celebrating Halloween in addition although Hallowe'en is indeed celebrated by the market and media. And maybe also in many other parts of Germany, I don't know for sure - might be dependent of if that Nikolauslaufen is a northern tradition or it is present all over the country.

And about the front page: I liked the idea of presenting some horror themed games.

Offline DarkWolf

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 03:56:07 pm »
I'm not dressing up; I haven't done so in many years.

The map theme is a nice idea.

Offline RT 55J

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 04:50:46 pm »
If I put a few more seconds of thought into my clothing I could have dressed up as my second oldest brother.

---

Dot? Dot. Dot!

Offline StarFighters76

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 08:50:41 am »
First Halloween in my new apartment. Had a few trick or treaters, but I ended up with more leftover candy. And I done up my patio just right too.

---

Creator of over 590 maps on GameFAQs. ^_^
Creator of over 4,300 maps on GameFAQs!

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2007, 11:47:23 am »
Unfortunately, I haven't dressed for Halloween in over a decade and a half, mostly because I don't have anyone in my city with which to celebrate it and because living in an apartment, I don't get any trick-or-treaters. I'd be tempted to get a costume at work but because my job is one where I services printers at the office of my clients, it would be inappropriate.

Though personally, if I had the time and a budget for a costume, I'd probably go for a generic Belmont vampire hunter with a leather whip and various other weapons and items.

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)