Author Topic: Lazy Shell is nearing its release  (Read 8639 times)

Offline Raccoon Sam

Lazy Shell is nearing its release
« on: January 18, 2008, 08:10:59 am »
It is a Super Mario RPG Level editor, below is some tasty copypasta from http://acmlm.no-ip.org/board/thread.php?pid=73948

"A couple unique features:

- Level Image exporting for all levels and current level, allows users to quickly show off their latest work without worrying about cutting and pasting into MS paint.

- Image importing into tileset is a possible feature in the works

- Level data Importing/Exporting for all levels and current level. Easily allows hackers to work in teams, and pool their work into a single rom, or just post levels online for others to use.

- Preview system for Monsters, Battle Formations, Dialogue and more make it extremely easy and convienient to edit these aspects of the game without having to load an emulator after every change and find it in game to see how it looks.

- Aspects of the GUI are able to be hidden while not being used in order to gain a larger view of the main level

- Fully integrated notes system which loads automatically and is specific to each rom. This allows the user to keep track of their progress without having to worry about other windows, and keeping track of their notes separately. This is great especially the user decides to take a break from editing. They can just make notes about their current progress, what they edited last, and their plans for each of the games aspects in their respective notes packages. Having it fully integrated into the editor will undoubtedly be a very handy feature, and if you decide you dont want to use this feature, you can just disable it in the settings and not be bothered anymore."

I bolded out the most the ever-so-useful feature for us mappers.. Can't wait! Check the thread, seriously.

Please note that I'm not calling 'dibs' on SMRPG maps. I just wanted to inform you all that it is coming and someone else might want to. I'm also aware that Peardian's maps exist... It's just that there are some parts in the game that can't be accessible by anyone without hacking.. This is the chance for flawless maps of SMRPG.

Offline TerraEsperZ

RE: Lazy Shell is nearing its release
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 01:01:42 pm »
I wish something like existed for other games with isometric perspective that are also filled with unreachable areas like Sonic 3D Blast for example (an average game but it'd be nice to see each level as a whole).

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Current projects: Mega Man V (GB), Mega Man Zero (GBA), Battletoads (NES), Sonic CD (Sega CD)
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline DarkWolf

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 03:25:53 pm »
Somewhat off topic, but in reply to Terra:

I've found something that looks like the level structure for Sonic 3D Blast on the Saturn, but the problem is editing the file and making it into an ISO again to mount with daemon tools.  I'm on vacation next week; I might looking to doing something with it.

Offline Raccoon Sam

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2008, 06:28:10 am »
I remember a fellow called S.N.N finding amount of data of the Genesis/Mega Drive version of Sonic 3D Blast, iirc there was level data there too.