Author Topic: What are your impulse buys? I just bought a Samus Aran statue!  (Read 5827 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
What are your impulse buys? I just bought a Samus Aran statue!
« on: February 07, 2008, 09:42:04 pm »
Again, not really an inpulse buy. But I finally decided to go for it.  Saw this a long time ago.  But it looks like they haven't shipped any yet, but will soon...

User posted image

Samus Aran (Varia Suit) from Metroid Prime @ First4Figures.com

It was a toss-up between this and the Gravity Suit.  While the Gravity Suit is more "limited edition" (250 instead of 2500), the Varia Suit is more iconic and the reason why I went for it.

I like suited Samus (and her ship) more than the other figurines because there's no visible skin/flesh, or a face.  I think that's where the realism gets messed up.  

(It's more accurate to make a man-made replica out of hard materials of something man-made and consisting of hard materials than to make a man-made replica out of hard materials of something natural and consisting of soft materials... or something.  :P)

Though if I was made of money, I might at least consider Link (from The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time) at some point, despite what I just said about skin and faces.  Maybe the Skull Kid (from The Legend Of Zelda: Majora's Mask), at least he's covered up.  I can get over the whole "skin" thing for more cartoony characters, like the upcoming classic Sonic The Hedgehog!  Cute AND cool!