Author Topic: Super Adventure Island II (Super NES)  (Read 14426 times)

Offline Captain Drake

Super Adventure Island II (Super NES)
« on: January 26, 2007, 07:17:54 am »
This is a departure from the series, in the fact it's more of an RPG-esque game (Kinda like Zelda II, in fact). Well, I've begun mapping it, and I've got the first stage (almost) done, save for the contents of a few treasure chests since I can't reach them yet (Can't get to them early with AR either). I'm also missing the sprite of an item to use in the upper-right of the level, since I use the sprites you find in treasure chests, not inventory ones.

So, here's the first stage so far: http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/3640/pokapokaislandvc1.png

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
RE: Super Adventure Island II (Super NES)
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 07:37:03 am »
I really did like this game at the time.  I think I finished it with everything, with the exception of finding one of the paths/shortcuts/warps/whatever they were between two particular islands.  I'm not sure which they were, but hopefully you'll be able to find it (and in this day and age of things like GameFAQs, I guess it shouldn't be too hard to look up).

Was this the last Adventure Island game?

Offline Captain Drake

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 07:38:42 am »
There were some rereleases of the first couple games on mobile phones and I think one on the GameCube (Though only in Japan), but yeah, this is the last original Adventure Island.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 10:04:35 am »
I remember seeing this one in an old issue of Nintendo Power, but I never played it. It *did* make me want to start mapping Adventure Island 4 for the Famicom after finding a translation patch, since it too has multiple overworlds instead of individual stages.

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline DarkWolf

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2007, 07:48:21 am »
It's not a bad game, but clearly a copy of Wonder Boy.

Offline Captain Drake

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2007, 09:39:47 am »
I'm pretty sure SAI2 is not based on any Wonder Boy game.

Anyway, most of level 2's done: http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/1455/hiyahiyaislandyk6.png

Just the first room and the secret area at the end need to be done, but I've decided to just wait till I can get there without AR.

Offline Captain Drake

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2007, 09:40:20 am »
*wants ability to edit posts fast*

Offline DarkWolf

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2007, 10:27:04 am »
No, the game itself doesn't mirror any Wonder Boy game directly, but the hole Adventure Island series is pretty much like the WB series with enough differences to not be a copyright issue.

Offline Captain Drake

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2007, 05:24:54 am »
Boa-Boa Island: http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/1690/boaboaislandda2.png

This one was annoying to do. Especially the boulder room.

Offline saulin

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2008, 01:09:42 am »
Awesome! I had been looking for complete maps of this game. Great work so far Captain Drake. I hope you are still working on this game. I would like to see the rest mapped :)