Author Topic: Super NES Game Atlas (a "continuation" of the original NES Game Atlas)  (Read 206517 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Peardian has contributed the Smithy Factory, which completes the revision of the Super Mario RPG: Legend Of The Seven Stars maps.  Very well done!

It's so much better to only have 44 maps instead of 360+ or however many there were before.  And it's another Super NES RPG mapped with so many other helpful details!  Love 'em.  :D

Peardian, I'm guessing that you will now turn your attention to Paper Mario and Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island?

Offline marioman

The Super Mario RPG Maps are Incomplete

Please Correct the following error(s) before Continuing

Booster Hill not mapped

Oh, I mean, good job Peardian.  *hides*

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Peardian had a bit of a hiatus, but returns with the revamped 1-2 from Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island.

(Still a few more stages before "Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy"...)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Forgot to mention yesterday that Peardian sent in the revamped 1-3 from Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Re: Super NES Game Atlas (a "continuation" of the original NES Game Atlas)
« Reply #169 on: October 24, 2009, 03:10:18 pm »
Wow, I guess I haven't been in this topic since the hackings and subsequent installation of the new forums.  That first post is a mess because the formatting didn't come through.  I'll have to fix that at some point.

Anyway, Peardian has submitted a revamped 1-5: Hop!  Hop!  Donut Lifts from Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 03:11:24 pm by JonLeung »

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #170 on: November 15, 2009, 07:10:46 pm »
Peardian has submitted 1-6: Shy-Guys On Stilts from Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island.

Soon we'll be touching Fuzzy and getting dizzy!  :D

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #171 on: November 17, 2009, 07:59:28 pm »
It may be Tuesday, but it's worth making time to put up Peardian's revised 1-7: Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy from Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island.  It's the 17th today, 1-7, okay, neat coincidence, but I just really like the title of this stage, and who doesn't?

I finally got around to fixing up the first post in this topic, I think...

Didn't realize the Star Trek coincidence until later...didn't it also just come out on DVD/Blu-Ray on the same day?  I'm not a Star Trek fan by far but that picture with the Tribbles or whatever is one of the pictures that comes up when you search for "fuzzy" on Google ImageSearch.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 03:54:02 pm by JonLeung »

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #172 on: November 19, 2009, 03:51:38 pm »
Peardian has submitted 1-8: Salvo The Slime's Castle from Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island.  Hooray for more maps!

(Though technically we actually have fewer maps when these revised ones are put up because the single maps replace multiple smaller maps of individual rooms.  But everyone would agree it's better this way.)

Offline Rew MK-2

« Reply #173 on: November 21, 2009, 11:54:06 am »
Peardian is doing such an awesome job with those Yoshi's Island maps! Can't wait to see World 2 (as well as World 1 Extra, of course). ;D

Offline The Ultimate Koopa

« Reply #174 on: November 24, 2009, 08:11:35 pm »
Although this is ever so slightly off-topic, will you (Peardian) be doing the secret SMA3-exclusive stages? E.g. Exercise in the Skies? If you Do do the Secret stages, I'd love to see Endless World of Yoshies

Also, yeah, I'd love to see Extra 1, as well as things like The Impossible? Maze and Castles -- Masterpiece Set.

Going way ahead to I believe 6-5, is the cave actually as loooooooooong as it's name suggests? I know scrolling makes a stage seem longer than it is.

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
« Reply #175 on: November 24, 2009, 09:23:07 pm »
You should check the site again. Poochy Ain't Stupid has been up for three days now. :P

And, like it says in my progress topic (which I keep constantly up to date), I'm going to do the GBA secret stages after the original levels are taken care of. After all, you can only unlock them by beating Big Bad Baby Bowser first. :P

And yes, the level is quite long. If you were to put it all side-by-side and straightened out the loop in the first room, it would extend to around over three times the maximum room width, over 12,000 pixels. ;)
MM (10%) - SMA3 (33%) - DNS (0%)

Come check out the Nintendo 64 Mapping Workshop!

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Even though it's not on the list, it's not a bad thing to mention that Super Metroid has been fully mapped by Rick Bruns as of today!  Hooray!

(EDIT: What a coincidence...I noticed the previous post said "Poochy Ain't Stupid", and today's Brawl In The Family comic features Poochy not being stupid.  Whoa.)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 06:09:40 pm by JonLeung »

Offline Rew

Well, I already know which game I want to be Map of the Month for June 2011. ;)
From the Super Smash Bros. Brawl board on GameFAQs:
The only Fox News we're interested in is breakthroughs in his metagame.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #178 on: June 03, 2011, 08:40:43 pm »
Peardian has submitted 3-7: Monkeys' Favorite Lake from Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island.  Nice to see some progress there!

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #179 on: June 15, 2011, 10:00:57 pm »
Today, we have 3-8: Naval Piranha's Castle from Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, once again from Peardian.  That's it for the regular stages from World 3!

I agree with him that Naval Piranha is one of the cooler Mario bosses...definitely one of the coolest ones in this game (even if it can be killed quite easily).  It's probably cool because it's a giant variation of a very classic Mario enemy type, unlike most in this game...while yet not being too weird like Petey Piranha in Super Mario Sunshine, for example.  I like to play as Naval Piranha in Tetris Attack for some reason, too.