Author Topic: Super NES Game Atlas (a "continuation" of the original NES Game Atlas)  (Read 206095 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Will Mallia continued with more maps from Disney's Aladdin, which are up now.

Also today, he submitted Advanced D&D: Eye Of The Beholder and Arabian Nights (J).  He has submitted three games alphabetically next to each other on the Super NES page...  (He also submitted Aero Fighters 2 for the Neo-Geo, which I'll put up soon.)  What's with the fixation with the letter A today, Will?

Also, apparently Aladdin is one of the best-known stories from 1001 Arabian Nights, however was not part of the original.

The more you know...

Offline Will

The A letter titles are purely coincidental. I'm now halfway through the 5th Aladdin Stage.

I wonder why no game company ever made a sequel of the Aladdin game based on the film after the first film called "Return of Jafar". What is more I'm wondering why not a single game of 'Ariel the Little Mermaid' was ever designed for SNES.

Offline Maxim

1. Wasn't the sequel released straight to video (DVD)?

2. Wasn't the SNES released quite a long time after the movie?

Offline Will

All Aladdin stages but 6 - "A Whole New World" are finished. While someone can complete this complicated stage I'm moving on to "The Great Circus Mystery Starring Mickey and Minnie". I looked all over the internet but no luck finding a moon jump cheat. Tropicon do the honours please.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Good job on finishing Aladdin, Will!  We'll be done Chapter 5 pretty quick at this rate!

If only Yoshi's Island wasn't so daunting...

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
I have a feeling mapping it will go faster once I get back into action. (Classwork and new schedule is still bogging me down.) I'm thinking of putting WL4 and YTT on hold (as if I've actually been mapping them actively <.<) in order to put YI back in full steam. With EggVine at my side, I could rip all the backgrounds in the game in a single day, plus fill in the impossible-to-reach areas. And with two people mapping it at the same time, it wouldn't take long. The hardest part will be just to get started. Argh, the classwork... Maybe I can get started this weekend.

Please save the castles for me, Piranhaplant. :3

---

YTT (34%) - WL4 (60%) - PM (36%)
MM (10%) - SMA3 (33%) - DNS (0%)

Come check out the Nintendo 64 Mapping Workshop!

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Will has started The Great Circus Mystery: Starring Mickey & Minnie and the first few maps are up.

It's strange how obscure this game is considering that The Magical Quest: Starring Mickey Mouse was a hit.  Or at least I was under the impression that it was.

Seems Capcom thought so too, since the GBA release is instead titled The Magical Quest 2: Starring Mickey & Minnie, to make it clear that it's part of the same series.

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
Just wanted to say that I've started ripping the backgrounds as planned. And it looks like I was wrong. The Backgrounds aren't 512x512 like most games, but are in fact 512 x 1024. Unfortunately, the bottom 10 pixels are inaccessible because of the camera never dropping below a certain point, but then again it's not like they'll really be needed or can't be recreated. Currently ripping the cave background. Not sure how I'm going to handle the animation frames.

---

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
It occurs to me that I haven't put the titles of the stages on the maps for Yoshi's Island.  I really should.

I always thought it was a joke between me and my brother about the silliness of the title "Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy" but apparently we're not the only ones in the world that love that title so, that it's been brought up many a time on the Internet.  Though if anyone else is quoting other Yoshi's Island stage names, I don't think I would have noticed...

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
Yeah, I was going to suggest adding the proper names when I submitted the next map I made.

After several hours of nonstop ripping, I just got all the backgrounds from World 1, only one of which is a palette swap. I'll put it up for download in case anyone, especially Piranhaplant, wants them. Even if you're not mapping YI, the backgrounds area still nice to look at. I've also included animation frames for most of the animated ones.

---

Offline TerraEsperZ

Great job with those Peardian. It really makes me want to play the game again, as it's easily one of the prettiest SNES game ever made.

---

Current projects: Bucky O'Hare (NES), Metal Storm (NES), Clock Tower (SNES), Ristar-The Shooting Star (Gen), Sonic The Hedgehog (Gen), Sonic CD (Sega CD), Mega Man Zero (GBA), Battletoads (NES)
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Piranhaplant

Do you want me to give credit on the map if I use your backgrounds Peardian?

---

Games I have mapped--Zombies Ate My Neighbors (SNES), Mario Party 3 (N64), Super Mario Bros Deluxe (GBC), New Super Mario Bros. (DS), Mario Kart DS (DS)
Games I have mapped--Zombies Ate My Neighbors (SNES), Mario Party 3 (N64), Super Mario Bros Deluxe (GBC), New Super Mario Bros. (DS), Mario Kart DS (DS)

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
You can if you want, but I really don't care.

I'll start getting the rest of the backgrounds tomorrow. I know I said I could rip them all in one day, but I didn't count on burnout after 7 straight hours or so. I might have a high attention span, but I still get bored after long enough. :P

---

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
World 2 backgrounds are here. I would have had them earlier, but I spent most of the day programming in C and learning how to use IK Chains.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/8uljoi

You'll notice that there are less backgrounds in this pack. That's because I'm not including duplicates. Levels that don't have any backgrounds in the pack used ones straight from World 1. I may or may not have World 3's backgrounds done today as well. Either way, I'll have World 4's backgrounds by tomorrow. I'm sure Piranhaplant is looking forward to those. :P

On a side note, I absolutely love the castles/fortresses in this game, especially the music. In fact, mapping the castles is the biggest reason why I started mapping YI in the first place. My two favorite castles in the game are Naval Piranha's and Raphael the Raven's.

---

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
Pardon the bump, but I just wanted to draw attention to the fact I finished rippin the last of the backgrounds in Yoshi's Island! ...for the most part. Backgrounds not included are the moon and the lit version of Baby Bowser's room, but it's not like they'll be needed anytime soon / hard to get.

World 6: http://www.sendspace.com/file/ssz1o9

So, the backgrounds in the game are all ripped, and the weekend is coming up. That means I can go ahead and start remapping World 1. Also, I started mapping Doodle Woods in Wario Land 4 the other day on a whim. I'll finish that before I redo my first YI map and send them both in.

---