Author Topic: Super NES Game Atlas (a "continuation" of the original NES Game Atlas)  (Read 206353 times)

Offline TerraEsperZ

Re: Super NES Game Atlas (a "continuation" of the original NES Game Atlas)
« Reply #180 on: June 15, 2011, 10:14:19 pm »
Good work! It's definitely my favourite boss from the game, especially since the battle features the more serious boss music.
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #181 on: June 16, 2011, 07:58:41 pm »
Today, Peardian sends in Extra 3: More Monkey Madness from Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island.  The first three Worlds are complete.  As this game has six Worlds, that's halfway through the last game on this list!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 07:59:29 pm by JonLeung »

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #182 on: January 28, 2012, 04:28:39 pm »
Peardian has sent in 4-6: Lake Shore Paradise from Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island today...not to mention the other stages in World 4 earlier.  Didn't I mention them?  Or maybe I'm thinking of the "Nintendo Power" topic...

Anyway, coincidentally, I also put up all of Veil Of Darkness (PC) today, which also includes an area called "Lake Shore".  That's not Super NES-related, but I thought the "Lake Shore" thing was a neat coincidence.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #183 on: March 31, 2012, 03:48:47 pm »
Peardian sent in the last of Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island today...which, though impressive on its own, also means this "Super NES Game Atlas" is now finally complete!  :D

Just less than a week shy of four years ago was when this topic was first made.  (I know we had some of those maps before I made this topic, though.)  Has it really been that long?  In any case, VGMaps.com has all of these maps up now.

Of course, there are still lots yet to be mapped from the Super NES realm.  There are other franchises born in the Super NES era that weren't listed here (since the intention was to continue the NES Game Atlas).  Or game franchises that became big (or bigger) during this time.  And we don't yet have complete maps of these.  Such as Donkey Kong Country and 2 and 3.  Kirby's Dream Land 3 and Kirby: Super Star.  Final Fantasy IV, V and VI, and several other RPGs.  I look forward to when all of those are mapped out too.

Offline Will

It have just found out that there is a few noticeable but very notable differences between the SNES and the Megadrive version of the Great Circus Mystery. In the Megadrive version there is a room in Stage 3, Area 1 between the mirror room and the room of the miniboss (Pete's Portrait). That room is a quake shaking collapsing room with splintered ceilings. Area 2 which is the rotating square room is absent. Kinda interesting.