Author Topic: Super NES Game Atlas (a "continuation" of the original NES Game Atlas)  (Read 206165 times)

Offline Revned

I don't think it would be necessary to go back and add dates for everything, just leave older ones blank and add them for new/updated maps. I think the format col

Offline The Ultimate Koopa

Well it isn't REALLY necessary to have the actual date, I mean... apart from the fact that someone might want to.. I dunno, see which maps were added on their birthday or something... there wouldn't be much point now that I think about it... but something which actually tells you which maps are new... or say, which maps you haven't actually looked at... even if you haven't looked at a particular map ever, since May 6, 2002.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Assuming I ever get around to a database system, a timestamp tells you what's new, without the hassle of adding/removing "NEW" indicators.

Of course, if there was a more sophisticated system, I suppose the "NEW" indicators could be automated too, based on the timestamp, i.e. if it's older than a week or two.

Either way, though, unless I suddenly get a lot of free time (unlikely) or can pay someone that I trust to convert the entire site (while keeping it easy for my codephobic self), a site conversion isn't happening in the near future.  

I have certainly thought about it, and I'm not opposed to it.  It's just not on the horizon.

Offline Will

This my final comment for an off topic in that topic. I think it is a good idea to display on the home page dates of when the games were fully mapped. For example there is a large gap from when Piranhaplant sent in his first map of Zombies Ate my Neighbours to the last of his maps which was only last week. It would be wiping out some records, but it would be economical and save a lot of space. Discussion over for me. Level 6 of Mario & Wario is finished and I'm halfway through Level 7.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
That's true, that is a bit off-topic.

Though I suppose (and don't expect any miracles) if we want to talk about what we would like to see in a possible site makeover, someone could start a topic specifically about that - actually, wait, I'll make a topic myself later today about that.  Then we could also discuss viable options, who might be able to help out, etc., so that when I do have time to get my hands dirty at least we'll have an idea where we're going with it and I (or we) would actually be making changes that people want, and features that people would actually use.

EDIT: Here's that topic.  Topic 777, no less.  Must be a sign.

Oh, and...50th post!

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Will, I was expecting you to have finished Mario & Wario (J) by now...  :/

Offline Will

That's what think Jon. There are more levels than 8 as I just discovered. I would have gotten it done in a jiffy if it weren't for the black background you get when disabling layers.

Offline Will

I've managed to finish and complete Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Tournament Fighters and those fighting stages are brilliant. Too bad Yoshi's Island hasn't progressed much. Talking of that, did you know that 'Yoshi' is the Japanese word for 'love'? You might call Yoshi 'The love dinosaur' like Herbie the Love Bug.

Offline vorpal86

That's cool will. actually yes, I knew the Yoshi was lovable. =)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
I've just put up Will's contribution of the Super NES version (i.e. the best version) of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters.

Also, another map of Will's for Mario & Wario (J).  How many levels are there?  I remember reading 13 last I checked...

Offline Will

I've finished the final level of Mario & Wario at last. It turns out there are 10 levels and an extra level in the whole game.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Will's contributions as he mentioned are now up.

Offline marioman

Ah, my eyes!  That background for the EX level is awful.  Oh well, good job Will.

So this leaves one Mario game for the SNES?  Yoshi's Island is a very nice game.  (Gameplay-wise and visually.)  I am sure that the maps for it will will look really good.

Offline ZanderZ

In reply to JonLeung at 07/04/2008 8:05:56 AM:

About Mickey Mania: "I doubt anyone would even want to map them. They're certainly not worth mapping over so many other games available on the Super NES. I wouldn't miss them."

I started working on Mickey Mania a while ago, but it's a hard game to map. I might finish it one day, but if anyone else wants to do it, I really wouldn't mind.

I remember playing "Toy Story" on the SNES, I'll see if I still like it and maybe start mapping it after I finish...

... Yoshi's Island. I finished World 2 and already sent it to Jon, so hopefully it will be added this weekend. The other maps will follow.
Creator of the online mafia game www.BadFellas.org

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Will has started work on The Magical Quest: Starring Mickey Mouse.

And Sander has contributed some of Worlds 2 and 3 of Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island.