Author Topic: Super NES Game Atlas (a "continuation" of the original NES Game Atlas)  (Read 206096 times)

Offline The Ultimate Koopa

Is YTT "Yoshi Touch Training" or something? Is that what's known as Yoshi Touch & Go in Europe?

Offline The Ultimate Koopa

Wait, never mind. I forgot about Topsy-Turvy <_<

Offline Will

I finished the second stage of The Great Circus Mystery. Now I am really going to need to some codes for a moon jump and to stop background mist movement. Can anyone assist?

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
Yeah, it's Yoshi Topsy-Turvy. :P

And I finished the map for Welcome To Yoshi's Island! Hooray! It only took me about two hours. I also touched up each of the six world maps. And on top of that, I sent in the world map from Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3 that I made in 2005 and never sent in for some reason.

---

YTT (34%) - WL4 (64%) - PM (36%) - YI (11%) - SMRPG (0%)
MM (10%) - SMA3 (33%) - DNS (0%)

Come check out the Nintendo 64 Mapping Workshop!

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
This weekend, I added another The Great Circus Mystery: Starring Mickey & Minnie area from Will and Peardian redid the first area, "Welcome To Yoshi's Island", and the World Maps from Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island.

Offline marioman

Pearidan, while we are on the subject of YI, I would like to bring up the observation that I made before about your animated World 6 map.  The map that you have up is shown after you compete the game.  IIRC, there is a flagless map which is displayed after you beat World 5, but before you complete World 6.

Offline Will

I managed to reach Stage 4 The Caves in The Great Circus Mystery. The Fourth Stage seems to look a lot like Ninja Gaiden II: The Dark Sword of Chaos.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
I just added Will's maps from The Great Circus Mystery: Starring Mickey & Minnie and Piranhaplant did the map for World 4-2 in Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island.

Man, Stage 2-Area 2 in The Great Circus Mystery isn't anything like the Battletoads stage in the snake pit, is it?  o_0

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
Yeah, I know. I do plan on fixing this when I get the chance. I was planning on doing so when we get to mapping World 6, but that would take way too long. I'll probably do it whenever I make the next YI map or before then.

---

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
Just wanted to say that this week will be a busy week for me. I have YI 1-1 layed out and ready for ripping, all 50 rooms of Dry Dry Desert rendered and ready for arranging, and this weekend I'll be visiting home, which means I'll be able to redo my SMRPG maps. However, Satuday is Valentine's Day, so I'll also be busy making gifts for friends. If I don't finish the 1-1 map by tomorrow, you can expect it sometime over the weekend. As for the SMRPG maps, I could possibly have them all done in one day (after all, I just need to rearrange and label them) but we'll see.

---

Offline Will

I have completed "The Great Circus Mystery". I am immediately moving on to "The Magical Quest 3: Starry Mickey and Donald".

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Will's completed The Great Circus Mystery: Starring Mickey & Minnie! :D

And he's also started The Magical Quest 3: Starring Mickey & Donald (J) which means that now every game has at least been started!  Though at this point it's really only this and Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island that's left, really.

(But if anyone wants to count the Donkey Kong Country trilogy in this, we now have the third stage, Reptile Rumble, from the first Donkey Kong Country, as mapped by Rick Bruns.)

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
Good news and bad news. Bad news is, my weekend was full of time-consuming distractions, so I didn't have a lot of time to do anything. Also, my SMRPG map revamps will take longer than expected to finish. The reason is the good news. I've decided to basically redo my SMRPG maps from scratch, doing another entire playthrough and adding in NPC and enemy sprites where needbe to make my maps more complete than they were before. I finished up to the first Star Piece with Mack, and hope to finish more during the week. I'll also try to fit YI in there as well.

And we can't really toss the DKC trilogy out of the SNES atlas, they're too important. :P

---

YTT (34%) - WL4 (64%) - PM (39%) - YI (11%) - SMRPG (21%)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Sorry I didn't get a chance to put up your Super Mario RPG map revamps this weekend, Peardian.  (I had a long weekend too, it was Family Day here...but I was kept pretty busy myself.)

These new maps look incredible.  Much better to have areas altogether like that.  I like how you've put enemy stats and item locations.

I think the revamped Super Mario RPG maps will be a testament to how all Super NES RPGs should be mapped.  And that is, thoroughly.  The 7th Saga and Secret Of Evermore have earlier received similar treatment by KingKuros and Grizzly, at least regarding item locations.

I wonder if anyone will ever tackle Final Fantasy IV, V, and VI with such zeal.  0_0  Or any of the other big Squaresoft JRPGs.

So, Peardian, do you think you'll ever tackle Mario & Luigi: Partners In Time or Mario & Luigi 3?  It seems like you're the Mario RPG fan around here.  :)

Offline Will

RPG recreation sounds interesting. If there's going to be improved of those RPGs what would that make my Eye of the Beholder maps?

Anyway I am currently in the second stage of The Magical Quest 3. This game has seven instead six stages.