Author Topic: Wii Fit  (Read 16615 times)

Offline osrevad

Wii Fit
« on: May 26, 2008, 01:57:35 pm »
I'm back with a vengeance!

One thing you may not know about osrevad is that he is a fatty. Or as Wii Fit calls me every single sinking day: Obese.

All of this really has nothing to do with anything. But in the game Wii Fit there are many exercises that you can do. There is even one where you put the Wii Remote in your pocket and jog in place. The best part about this is that there is a huge beautiful island that you get to "run" around. You don't have total control over where you run; you're limited to a set path. But this path varies depending on the difficulty and length of your run. There's also some forks in the path that you can choose by following a dog.

The point is that I cannot not resist the urge to map everything out. I've barely started, but I will post my progress as I work along.

Offline TerraEsperZ

RE: Wii Fit
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 02:28:41 pm »
Lucky bastard. At least you *have* a Wii.

---

Current projects: ?????? (Gen), Sonic The Hedgehog (Gen), Sonic CD (Sega CD), Mega Man V (GB), Mega Man Zero (GBA), Battletoads (NES), etc
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 02:57:57 pm »
I didn't pre-order Wii Fit (I didn't think EVERYONE would want it!) and I forget that it's not like the GameCube days where I could just walk into a store and pick it up without a pre-order on day one.

Luckily my dad did manage to find one by chance on Friday.  Boy, was I sore on the weekend.  Played it a bit too much.  I unlocked everything, though I can't actually do the last yoga pose, the shoulder stand.  Good thing the game can't tell how I'm doing on that one.  :P

I like the island.  At first I was like, boo, there aren't more courses, but now I'm like, man, there are way too many dogs (alternate paths).

How do you plan on mapping this, osrevad?  Are you going to show the routes, too?

Offline osrevad

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 07:45:23 pm »
I plan on mapping it manually. All the measurements will have to being approximations, but that isn't as hard as it sounds. I do plan on showing the routes, but I will need to have separate images for each distance setting, or else they will get too tangled up.

Here's my very first work in progress image. I still have a long way to go before it's complete, and even longer to add all the details and make it look polished.

http://osrevad.googlepages.com/IslandMap.PNG

The short route starts at the big white circle and goes clockwise around there. The medium path starts to the right of the bridge at the bottom, and follows the path clockwise around the river.

I'm not even sure which way should be north. Any ideas?

Offline osrevad

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 09:39:00 pm »
I've decided to make the city the north side of the island. I won't have to draw all of the builing diagonally now, so it should look a lot better. Here's my rough draft of the city, which should be the hardest part. I'm pretty accurate with all the proportions to the point will nobody will notice anything wrong. It will be much easier to read once I color it.

http://osrevad.googlepages.com/IslandMapCity.PNG

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 09:59:10 pm »
The game really should've allowed you to choose to run during the day, night, or the current time.  That would give it variety.

Then you could see where the sun is, and if its position was actually based on the time, you'd know which directions were east or west (and by extension the remaining cardinal directions) if it wasn't too close to noon.

Offline osrevad

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2008, 10:34:20 pm »
I actually had the same wishful thinking myself, but alas, no such luck. Maybe I'll discover when I'm done that the island is shaped like Mario's head or something, but that's just more wishful thinking.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2008, 07:18:49 am »
I read on GoNintendo a while back that it looks like the island is the same as one from that Wii plane-flying game from a while back.  I don't think that game was ever released, but from promo clips someone noticed that it seems to share the same features.

There's also a picture of the island in the Wii Fit instruction manual.  I don't recall it looking like anything in particular...

Are you going to mark where the "hidden" Mario sprites are?  :P

Offline osrevad

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2008, 12:31:18 pm »
It looks like you're right. They used that island as the basis for the one in Wii Fit, with some differences.

http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2006/06/16/wii-sports-airplane-demo/

Offline osrevad

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2008, 08:36:00 pm »
Where is the list of projects that I started on a whim, but never completed? Or has that ever happened? Will it happen with this project? Tune in tomorrow for the thrilling conclusion.

Offline osrevad

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2008, 12:42:19 pm »
I know this is a triple post, but I've never cared about such things anyways.

I've been working on this for the past week. I thought I was almost done, until I walked into the living room and saw my brother running through a cave! The cave lead out to a secret lake on the mountain. It also has a fork in it. This means that I still have quite a bit to add, not to mention figuring out all the paths. Give me a couple more days.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2008, 01:48:47 pm »
I'd like to see this map, as I don't think I've seen the cave or lake yet.  At least not the way you describe it.  I've only done the Island Lap twice, once following none of the dogs and once following every dog I came across.  Which means there's still lots of routes I haven't tried yet, ie. following some dogs and not others.  >_<

I've lost two pounds in my first week with Wii Fit, if anyone cares.

Offline osrevad

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2008, 02:17:49 pm »
I actually like to hear of anyone's progress in using this game.

http://osrevad.googlepages.com/thumb.PNG

Here's a thumbnail of what's done so far. I still need to:

- Do the tunnel

- Do the part where you go across the rickety bridges

- Do the beach.

- Do the river and the lakes.

- Do all the different paths you can take for each difficulty. I'm going to color code them based on the color of the dog.

Short: 1 Dog

Long: 2+ Dogs?

Island: 5+ Dogs?