Author Topic: Interesting Obeservation (Zelda)  (Read 24187 times)

Offline DarkWolf

RE: Interesting Obeservation (Zelda)
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2008, 06:38:44 am »
Since maps of random levels wouldn't be interesting and random dungeon maps aren't usually too hard to beat, I don't think it would be worth while.

Offline Maxim

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2008, 07:51:34 am »
Having said that, I wouldn't mind mapping a level or two from Populous. It's a classic big-world-small-window game and it'd be nice to see a whole level in one go.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2008, 02:25:43 pm »
Going back to Four Swords and what I've read in various FAQs, each of the three Epic basically has something like three different possible "settings" (main map) and each of those has a location where one of four or five different "parts" will appear.

Assuming someone was capable of emulating Four Swords with multiplayer and everything and putting aside minor variations due to the number of players, and could manage to access all the variations, you could simply it like in the Nintendo Power guide for the game: show the 3 main maps for each epic with an empty square, and beside it show the 4 or 5 possible parts that can theoretically fill that square.

I tried to do it once using no$gba which supports multiple Game Boys on the same computer, but either my rom was corrupt or the version I was using wasn't emulating the game correctly, leading to garbled graphics and the multiplayer not being detected.

---

Current projects: Ristar-The Shooting Star (Gen), Sonic The Hedgehog (Gen), Sonic CD (Sega CD), Mega Man Zero (GBA), Battletoads (NES), Bucky O'Hare (NES)
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline marioman

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2008, 06:25:39 pm »
VBA Link should do it.  I have seen some videos of people playing FS using it, so I would assume that it works.

Offline Zeric

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2008, 07:13:13 pm »
Yes VBA Link works, I did a part of the two player  tutorial stage of Four Swords a very long time ago but I stoped working on it shortly after.

If you're planing on mapping it Terra I wish you luck.

---

Current Projects: Akumajo Dracula (X6800 - Final Stage) Mega Man X2 (SNES Sigma 2) Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA - 83%)

Current Projects: Akumajo Dracula (X6800 - Final Stage) Mega Man X2 (SNES Sigma 2)

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA - 83%)

Offline DarkWolf

« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2008, 01:20:23 pm »
(Off topic)

Forget Populous; I'd rather map Power Monger.  Unfortunately the screens don't fit together (at least on the Genesis version) so hacking and rendering would be required.

Offline Ryan Ferneau

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2008, 10:49:27 pm »
NO$GBA also emulates Four Swords correctly for me, so maybe there was an update somewhere that fixed it.