Author Topic: RE: Putt & Putter (SMS)  (Read 13449 times)

Offline Maxim

RE: Putt & Putter (SMS)
« on: July 07, 2008, 02:43:18 am »
Quite easy to map - every course is exactly 4 screens, aligned to the tile grid, so it only takes a few minutes per course. I just have the practice courses left to do.

Offline Maxim

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 02:46:23 am »
Done:

http://www.smspower.org/maxim/maps/putt&putter.html

JonLeung, please leech and add to this site at will.

Offline Will

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 03:47:39 am »
Not bad Maxim, a golf game for maps. The FIFA Soccer maps you've done are just as impressive as my Mega Man's Soccer pitches. What will you do next I wonder? So far I have fully mapped SMS games Street Fighter II, Streets of Rage 1 and 2, King's Quest and My Hero as well as the Game Gear game Ninja Gaiden (No its not the same as the SMS version I did). I wish we could name the SMS game Ninja Gaiden - Quest for the Bushido and the GG game Ninja Gaiden - Ninja's Sword to avoid an obvious confusion.

Offline Maxim

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 03:29:51 pm »
I think it's important to map unusual games, especially ones where the view is deliberately constraining you; also, "isometric" games interest me.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 03:35:46 pm »
Maxim Said:
I think it's important to map unusual games, especially ones where the view is deliberately constraining you; also, "isometric" games interest me.

Fully agreed. Unfortunately, 'isometric' games are sometimes the hardest to map unless you have good hacking skills (which *you* obviously possess you lucky guy).

---

Current projects: Ristar-The Shooting Star (Gen), Sonic The Hedgehog (Gen), Sonic CD (Sega CD), Mega Man Zero (GBA), Battletoads (NES), Bucky O'Hare (NES)
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2008, 09:56:39 pm »
Sheesh, Will.  Wood you stop that?  What are you trying to do, driver off topic?  You've got some balls to putter astray, are you trying to tee off somebody?  I think someone should give you a wedge-ie.  That'll iron you out.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2008, 10:46:47 pm »
Too... many... puns...

She canna take much more of this Captain! The bloody thread is about to implode!

---

Current projects: Ristar-The Shooting Star (Gen), Sonic The Hedgehog (Gen), Sonic CD (Sega CD), Mega Man Zero (GBA), Battletoads (NES), Bucky O'Hare (NES)
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Revned

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2008, 10:53:00 pm »
Bad puns :wink:

Offline Will

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2008, 12:41:37 am »
Cool off Jon, I thought you liked genuine classic Sega games like Street Fighter and Streets of Rage. Driving off the topic doesn't frequently happen but I'll stick the point at high percent ratio. Anyway can't wait to see what happens next.

Offline Maxim

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2008, 03:12:48 am »
Street Fighter on SMS is not a classic; it was only released in Brazil, for one thing. Also, it sucks.

Streets of Rage was a Mega Drive port and thus slightly weak. But it's still good to have. But I'd rather see the originals.

I didn't hack this game to map it; it lets you scroll freely to all four corners of each "hole". My SMS hack-fu is quite strong, I think, but I don't use it for mapping very much.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2008, 04:24:08 pm »
These are now up...

Offline Will

Putt & Putter (SMS)
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2008, 10:46:30 pm »
So Maxim, what are you going to map next? Would like to know so we avoid a clash when doing maps, because the game titles I choose as you see are unpredictable.

Offline Maxim

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2008, 01:00:58 am »
I don't have much time to map in the next few months, so nothing that can't be done over a weekend. I have started Chuck Rock and Lucky Dime Caper so I may as well finish them next. I generally post here as soon as I'm working on something.