Author Topic: Transformers Movie discussion  (Read 177431 times)

Offline StarFighters76

RE: Transformers Movie discussion
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2006, 02:01:50 pm »
JonLeung Said:
Apparently it's been confirmed that Peter Cullen, the voice of G1 cartoon's Optimus Prime, has been confirmed to do the voice of Optimus Prime in the movie.

Frank Welker, the voice of the G1 cartoon's Megatron, has apparently auditioned and is being considered.

Now THAT is the best news I've heard yet.

---

Creator of over 370 maps on GameFAQs. ^_^
Creator of over 4,300 maps on GameFAQs!

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2006, 07:57:06 pm »
Here are the teaser posters...which look almost exactly as I had imagined (and that everyone would've expected)...

User posted imageUser posted image

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2006, 08:29:04 pm »
I like how they slightly altered the Decepticon insigna so that it looks like it has tiny evil eyes instead of nostrils.

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2006, 07:16:15 pm »
New picture of Optimus Prime's truck mode, what is most likely Ratchet's alt-mode and possibly some part of Optimus' robot mode:

Optimus Prime:

User posted image

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/659/transformersmovieoptimusprimevehiclemodeim7.jpg

Ratchet?:

User posted image

http://img481.imageshack.us/img481/5765/transformersmovieratchetvehiclemodeoc0.jpg

One of Optimus' leg part?:

User posted image

http://img481.imageshack.us/img481/1563/transformersmovieoptimusprimepossiblelegpartla0.jpg

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2006, 08:04:44 pm »
The TFW2005.com boards are freaking out about these POSSIBLE movie renders of Optimus.

User posted imageUser posted image

If these are real, I guess it's a good start.  Lots of exposed parts as it is, though.  I guess they want to get a lot of height and overall size out of them so they may look like that all over, like Bumblebee is.

Nothing meets Optimus's eyes...'cause those are blocked off for some reason.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2006, 12:16:50 pm »
Apparently, Paramount has confirmed these renders to be authentic.

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2006, 06:23:06 pm »
Yeah, I read that too. That's cool.

Also: tomorrow, the writers (I think) are going to reveal the finalized names of the Transformers that will appear in the movie.  So we'll see if Soundwave became Soundbyte or Frenzy or whatever.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2006, 03:40:34 pm »
Here's Bumblebee in his robot mode:

User posted image

I'm really happy with this, but I know a lot of G1 fans are going to cringe their teeth!

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2006, 05:38:25 pm »
Since it's the Internet, I give TerraEsperZ the benefit of the doubt...but in any other case, that comes out as rather arrogant, I would think.

"I'm a Transformers fan, but I'm way too cool to be a G1 fan."  Like there's something wrong with G1 fans.  :/

Is there a better pic?  At the moment, I can't really make out his face.  And that's what concerns me most, as a lowly G1 fan.

Oh, here's more pics:

Autobots Bumblebee, Ironhide, Optimus Prime, and Ratchet.  Jazz not pictured.

User posted image

Optimus again.

User posted image

A frozen Decepticon (assumed to be Megatron) with no torso.

User posted image

Also, earlier today, according to TFW2005.com, in the chat with the writers, the finalized names of the Transformers are revealed:

Autobots:

Optimus Prime

Bumbleebee

Ironhide

Jazz

Ratchet

Decepticons:

Megatron

Starscream

Barricade

Blackout

Bonecrusher

Brawl

Frenzy

Scorponok

They sure do like their B-named Decepticons.  The cop car formerly thought to be Brawl is now Barricade, and Soundwave is now Frenzy.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2006, 09:13:42 pm »
JonLeung, I always thought you understood that I was kidding when talking about "G1 fans" and "fans who refuse any changes in a property centered around change". Sure, I *am* a bit sad for those fans who absolutely refuse any changes, even when those change turn out to be good (like when Beast Wars first came out), and I like to poke a little fun at them here because I thought you guys knew my sense of humor. Besides, I do consider myself a G1 fan too, just not necessarily a fan of the 80s cartoon or comic as such. In short, sorry if I offended anyone. I *do* reserve the right to make fun of those people who were condemning the movie before any design or script were even revealed or any fan who exhibit unreasonable judgement out of excessive nostalgia AKA "rose-tinted glasses" syndrome. Just trust me on what I'd judge to be unreasonable; I think I've shown myself to be a fair and reasonable guy on the board on the years I've been here.

I also only posted one picture because I ran out of time. I'm on vacation right now and have little time to spend on the net. So thanks for revealing the names before I could see them on a TF board, and hopefully any bad feelings or intentions have been cleared.

And personally, I'm really happy since the robot designs are quite reminiscent of the cancelled "Transtech" series which was supposed to follow Beast Machines and would have sported more alien designs like Bumblebee here, so I'm kinda biaised in my appreciation.

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline bustin98

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2006, 09:19:45 pm »
My reaction is 'WTH'? But looking at BumbleBee, there is no telling how it even transforms. So I'm thinking that there's a level of CGI going on top of those models before the film is done.

I'm holding off on making judgements until I see something more than that teaser thats out.

---

Cool beans

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2006, 08:32:41 am »
Ah, shoot.  I wrote a fairly lengthy post but my computer froze up and it was all lost.

Nothing much new was said, though.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2006, 02:22:19 pm »
If Bumblebee's robot mode here is final, and it could be considering that he does sport pieces of his Camaro exterior on his body like the car front which splits up to form his chest and some car parts which an earlier picture showed that they form yellow pieces with a black stripe on his arms. The transformation will undoubtedly be quite complicated and the movie toys will likely 'cheat' said transformation a lot.

One thing I am hoping is that all the characters sport different styles. So far, Optimus' arm and head seem a lot closer to his classic look than Bumblebee's, and that frozen Decepticon looks unlike either of them, appearing very organic and rounded all over. Definitely a 'Transtech' vibe coming from him.

Whatever happens, I'm convinced this new look won't catch on too much with the fans and it won't be adopted in the long term for future toy lines, unlike say, the X-Men movie costumes whose black, leatherly style made their way in the comics for several years.

And JonLeung, if you don't mind the extra work, I'd still like to know what that lost post was about.

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2006, 02:57:09 pm »
Warning, massive spoilers!!!

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Some new pictures of movie designs and toy prototypes. It seems that the earlier "Gorilla Starscream" design sketch *was* accurate; he's sadly the worst looking one, especially the face. On the other hand, I really like Optimus' design.

Blackout movie design:

User posted image

Blackout toy prototype:

User posted image

Optimus Prime movie design:

User posted image

Scorponok toy prototype:

User posted image

Starscream toy prototype:

User posted image

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2006, 09:39:46 pm »
I think that if they fixed Starscream's head (again, I don't see why a G1 form or a variant couldn't work, after all, he is an iconic Transformer much like Optimus and he got to keep his head, mostly) and gave him actual hands (he could still have those big guns but they shouldn't replace his hands), then it would be easier for them to get away with that.  At least I think those are guns - those better not be long fingers!  Eeew.  They'd at least better keep the palette, with lots of red!

User posted image

Actually, now that I look at it again, G1 Starscream actually did have quite a face - two eyes, a mouth, and even a nose.  Too human, perhaps.  Maybe his face wouldn't work.  But hopefully there's something better than what's on the toy prototype that can be done before finalizing such details for the movie.

What I'm starting to notice that's bugging me is actually quite the opposite of the head - the "toes"!  I suppose big feet with big toes makes it more realistic in terms of balancing huge masses on only two legs, but man, they're distracting.  Probably not as noticeable once they're in action, though.