Author Topic: Transformers Movie discussion  (Read 184099 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
RE: Transformers Movie discussion
« Reply #90 on: October 11, 2006, 06:03:32 pm »
Masterpiece Starscream's robot mode is still infinitely better than the original G1 toy design, though.  I've considered getting it.

And it's certainly better than movie Starscream.  :P  Though in a recent interview a producer said robot designs aren't final.  I suppose Bumblebee's the one they most had to worry about since they had him actually built (though even so I imagine they could and will still have CG tweaks) but since the other guys are almost entirely CG it should be easy enough to make changes and so they really should change Starscream.  I'm still insisting on it.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #91 on: October 21, 2006, 12:15:58 pm »
Man, at the very least I'm going to love the toys! Here you have advance copies of the upcoming 'Protoform Optimus Prime' and 'Protoform Starscream' toys, in their pre-Earth bodies:

User posted image

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #92 on: October 21, 2006, 12:25:33 pm »
Those are the movie toys?  Showing their protoforms?  Starscream might not be so bad, if his Earth form will be changed to something closer to that.

I'd heard there wasn't going to be the Ark but you know that I think it seems kind of weird that they transform into lumpy metal meteor things.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #93 on: October 21, 2006, 02:16:02 pm »
For more pictures of the actual toys, just visit http://www.actoys.net/bbs/read.php?tid=138274&fpage=&toread=&page=1

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #94 on: November 09, 2006, 12:42:24 pm »
According to an email from Amazon I should be receiving the DVD(s) of the (animated) Transformers movie (20th Anniversary Special Edition) today.

There's a short preview of the live-action movie within the megaload of extras.  I hear it's extremely brief, and nothing at this point is necessarily final anyway.

Supposedly the teaser trailer we saw earlier was really just an "announcement trailer" and we'll see a real teaser soon.  (Still not a full trailer?  And when did preview clips become defined in so many ways?)  Soon as in, sometime this November.  It would've been nice if that was included on the DVDs of the (animated) movie, since they're both released in the same month anyway!

Offline bustin98

• Administrator
« Reply #95 on: November 09, 2006, 02:03:26 pm »
You know, those figures really look like ass as they are. Not much color variation and the construction looks cheap. I think I've expressed that before.

But I think there is a silver lining. I noticed that these toys have an 'entry' mode, not a vehicle mode. Hasbro is going to milk the movie for all its worth. I bet it won't be long before we see other figures that have a 'vehicle' mode.

And the animated movie was at Walmart for $15. Not a bad price at all. I think I paid $20 when the first dvd came out.

I want to get it, but I blew that chance with my early Christmas gift of Gears of War.

---

Cool beans

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #96 on: November 09, 2006, 09:29:03 pm »
Those are 'Preview' figures anyway; they might be toy exclusives made by Hasbro to generate interest in the movie line (I doubt those re-entry mode will be seen for more than a few seconds, and not clearly at that).

For the moment, a nice wallpaper with concept designs for Bumblebee which, although not final, are probably quite close to the final result:

User posted image

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #97 on: November 10, 2006, 07:36:16 am »
I expect that's close, if only because we've seen the actual prop a few times before.  The others, being almost entirely CGI, will more easily be revised from what we've seen.

Once getting over the "he's not a VW bug" thing, it's actually a good design.  He's striped like a bee, and actually seems bee-ish.  (I almost wonder if the original Bumblebee should've been called Scarab or something...I mean, he was a "beetle" with horns, and his repaint buddy Cliffjumper had Pharaoh-like headgear if I remember correctly...)

Nice to see the whole thing, but I guess by now the whole criticism-of-robot-designs ship has sailed, come back, and sailed off again.  Now where's the trailer?

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #98 on: December 02, 2006, 02:35:14 pm »
It's been a while since anything really new has been seen from the movie, but Ratchet's final robot design has just been leaked:

User posted image

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #99 on: December 02, 2006, 02:35:22 pm »
It's been a while since anything really new has been seen from the movie, but Ratchet's final robot design has just been leaked:

User posted image

I must say I really like it. Sure, it's nothing like the white ambulance with a warm, smiling face we knew from the comic/cartoon, but I like his face. It's closer to existing TF faces with a faceplate and while it doesn't look all that human, it doesn't look completely alien and/or insectoid like the various Decepticon designs.

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #100 on: December 02, 2006, 04:50:24 pm »
I was going to say, I distinctly remember hearing that a teaser trailer (apparently the first video we saw was just an announcement teaser trailer) was supposed to come out in November.  Sure, it's not a full trailer, but apparently we're supposed to see a transformation, and then we'll see if it looks and sounds cool.  It's December already.  Maybe it's a little late.  Soon, I hope.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #101 on: December 04, 2006, 10:00:59 am »
New CGI renders (most likely final models or close to)...

Optimus Prime

User posted image

Bumblebee

User posted image

User posted image

I'll I can say is I'm really primed for this movie :)

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #102 on: December 04, 2006, 06:23:01 pm »
Cool pics, Terra.  I don't think we've really seen Prime in any other pose yet though.

Apparently the teaser trailer (that I thought was supposed to be out in November) will be out the weekend of December 22nd; basically a Christmas present to us geeks.  That'll be exciting!

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #103 on: December 04, 2006, 07:12:26 pm »
I'm really starting to like Bumblebee's face. Let's hope it stays like on those pictures.

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #104 on: December 06, 2006, 11:25:14 am »
210 days left!  That's 30 weeks or 7 months!

Also, if you read half a post each day in this topic, starting today, by the time you get to this sentence, it'll be time to see the movie.  :D