Author Topic: Transformers Movie discussion  (Read 177318 times)

Offline TerraEsperZ

RE: Transformers Movie discussion
« Reply #135 on: May 04, 2007, 09:19:03 pm »
That looks 100x better than the early sketch I posted earlier at least. Plus, I've never been a G1-only fan, so I don't care if the big P has a real face with lips under his faceplate. In fact, I like it, as it gives him something unique to differentiate him from all the other Primes, Primals and Convoys.

As for "Ghosts Of Yesterday", well it's a movie tie-in novel, what were you expecting really ;) ? Those things are usually written by people not familiar with the franchise *and* are done in record time to manage to stay up-to-date with the script while still arriving on the shelves a few months before it comes out in theater. I know I have no interest in it whatsoever.

The prequel comic, while not great, is much more interesting. True, it doesn't have a self-contained story like that novel, but it puts things and peoples in place for the movie proper.

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #136 on: May 04, 2007, 10:30:03 pm »
I haven't read the prequel comics, but the novel makes reference to some things that I have heard are in the comics, so it takes place in between.

The comics do sound more interesting.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #137 on: May 05, 2007, 11:12:47 am »
Don't expect perfect continuity from what I've heard. Both were based on the movie script but written separately, so some things like date and who knows about what might not consistent.

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #138 on: May 10, 2007, 05:48:47 pm »
Super high resolution images of eight of the Tranformers are here on Michael Bay's blog site:

http://www.michaelbay.com/blog/files/d58812e5a390e8b3a44162285e4ae054-74.html

These are scaled down to fit these forums if you're too lazy to click:

User posted image

User posted image

User posted image

User posted image

User posted image

User posted image

User posted image

User posted image

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #139 on: May 10, 2007, 06:00:17 pm »
I saved those a few hours ago, but was too lazy to post them here :)

That being said, I like Megatron more with every new picture of him. He looks like some kind of giant, bony, dinosaur-like robot. Not all the designs look good in static pose, being so busy, but I expect them to look fantastic once they are actually moving.

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #140 on: May 13, 2007, 05:45:14 pm »
I just realized that for the longest time, we're the only ones in this topic...

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #141 on: May 13, 2007, 06:25:22 pm »
I long ago accepted the fact that the Social Board just isn't that active anymore, especially in specialized threads like this one.

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #142 on: May 13, 2007, 07:11:13 pm »
"Specialized"?  >_<

Anyway, old news to you too, probably, but supposedly towards the end of this week there will be two new trailers for the Transformers film.  Considering how close we are now (a little over fifty days, I think), they'll probably show a lot more.

One of the two trailers is going to be attached to DreamWorks' other big picture this year, Shrek the Third.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #143 on: May 17, 2007, 12:10:53 pm »
The new trailer is out!

http://movies.yahoo.com/summer-movies/Transformers/1808716430/trailers/31/180

I can't view it at work, though.  Streaming video is blocked!  Any alternate sites?  Workarounds?  Screen captures, at least?

EDIT: I saw it at work by finding the direct-download version on the sixth page or so of the TFW2005.com topic about this.

AWE! SOME!

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #144 on: May 17, 2007, 03:22:04 pm »
Yeah, I understand the reaction, I saw it myself during my break at work :D

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #145 on: May 17, 2007, 09:45:28 pm »
I didn't see Frenzy or Brawl in this trailer.  Come to think of it, we haven't seen Brawl in any trailer, the recent high-res images don't show Brawl at all, and the novel makes mention of everyone except for Brawl.

Maybe Brawl's been cut out?

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #146 on: May 17, 2007, 10:01:30 pm »
I doubt it seeing as they made a full-scale prop of his tank mode. He's probably the least developed character though which is why all the preview material seem to omit him. I assume the same might be true of Ratchet as well, which hasn't been seen in quite a while and only in ambulance mode too.

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #147 on: May 17, 2007, 10:27:07 pm »
Apparently Ratchet is seen in the latest trailer, getting knocked over in the first of Starscream's three transformations.

The quick shot makes it hard to see that he knocks anyone over at all, and the yellow blur and positioning might make one assume that it's Bumblebee.  But as the TFW2005.com forum members pointed out, some clear red stripes confirm it to be Ratchet.  But I guess it doesn't count if you can barely see him; same with Ironhide (other than the supposed protoform version of him coming out of the pool).

I watched this several times, but I didn't examine it frame-by-frame.  Luckily, there are other people geeky enough to do it for us.  :P

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #148 on: May 17, 2007, 10:37:21 pm »
Actually, Ironhide can be seen spinning in the air in slow-motion while avoiding rockets and firing his own. He's at least seen a little, unlike Ratchet.

Speaking of frame-by-frame, I assume you've noticed Megatron playing with his little Jazz rubber toy?

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #149 on: May 17, 2007, 11:27:20 pm »
There's a slightly different version of that trailer here:

http://www.cybph.com/archives/296

Among the differences, there's a shot of Blackout using his rotor blade as a circular saw, one of scorponok landing roughly in the sand (almost as if he's just been kicked real hard) and at the very hand, we have Spike telling Optimus to hide because his mother would freak out if she saw him!

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)