Author Topic: Demon's Crest (SNES)  (Read 12963 times)

Offline Will

Demon's Crest (SNES)
« on: September 14, 2008, 03:01:03 am »
I'm getting around to doing "Demon's Crest". I don't think I'll finish it shortly, but I'll send the first few levels in this very weekend.

Offline TerraEsperZ

RE: Demon's Crest (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 10:00:48 am »
I'm really looking forward to seeing full maps of this game. I remember playing the ROM once but it was a corrupted one, and the fight against the first gargoyle boss would never end (I tried firing at him for over 20 minutes without any effect). So I never really got to enjoy the game proper. Anyway, good luck :)

---

Current projects: Metal Storm (NES), Clock Tower (SNES), Ristar-The Shooting Star (Gen), Sonic The Hedgehog (Gen), Sonic CD (Sega CD), Mega Man Zero (GBA), Battletoads (NES), Bucky O'Hare (NES)
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Will

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 01:09:38 pm »
I've mapped my way past the Dark Forest and I've currently reached the Cursed Towers. There are a couple of places I've missed out due to underwater problems, but I'll get back to them as soon as I get an aquatic transformation for Firebrand.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 01:32:09 pm »
I don't remember, is the demon in "Demon's Crest" referring to Firebrand?  Is he a demon or a gargoyle?  He often looks like he could be either.

I thought maybe he was referred to as a gargoyle in "Gargoyle's Quest" because of Nintendo's censorship concerns over potentially religious imagery.  Then I remembered the NES sequel is called "Gargoyle's Quest II: The Demon Darkness"...maybe to work up to an edgier name like "Demon's Crest"?

Or I could be imagining Nintendo's censorship policies, or maybe it has nothing to do with my confusion on the game series' name.  Or maybe if it was called Gargoyle's Quest III there would be confusion with Disney's Gargoyles?  I don't know...</rambling>

Offline Will

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 01:13:08 pm »
I will very soon complete mapping this game. It was fun all this time. When I am at the peak of completion I will provide you Jon a map list to put the maps in convenient list. There are so many well designed levels in the game I begin to wonder which is my most favourite.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2008, 03:41:10 pm »
As I was putting them up today, I noticed that in Phalanx's Fortress, the Western Bell Tower and the Eastern Bell Tower are mere mirror images of each other...

Offline Will

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2008, 01:05:47 am »
There are very small differences between the two bell towers. The west one has ghost heads and in the bell is a life extension. The east one has ramming skulls and in the bell is full health recharger. Both differences aren't shown but that doesn't because those who play the game will come across both bell towers anyway. I've beaten Phalanx and I'm on my way to getting the secret demon.

Offline Tropicon

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2008, 10:01:09 am »
Whipped these up:

7E007300 no water movement

7E00B371 lights out

7E00AE15 no background

7E008D00 WTF

Offline Will

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2008, 12:15:35 pm »
Thanks a lot Tropicon. Your codes paid off. Now the entire map set is finished and submitted along with the maplist. Well that ticks off another game in the G&G series.