Author Topic: Peardian's map projects in progress and planned  (Read 256708 times)

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
Re: Peardian's map projects in progress and planned
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2009, 10:53:10 pm »
Gasp! You're right. Somehow the bumper objects were missing from my rip. I'll add them in and submit it when I send in Chapter 6 of Paper Mario. Thank you for letting me know. I never would have noticed by myself.

I officially passed the halfway mark of Yoshi Topsy-Turvy by mapping the boss chapter and 5-1. I must say Artoon did a terrible job picking the colors for Chapter 5. And all of the images of the Spirit of Kindness in the game cut off some part of her. I'm hoping to work on YI 1-5 tomorrow, and maybe even set up 1-6. Despite a wall of homework early on, my mapping spree is in full swing!

Edit: Page 3!

Update: Finished it, like I said! The bumpers are back in place, the layout of 1-6 is done, and a handful of maps are now up on the site.

An important update is coming soon... Look forward to it. ;)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 05:29:04 pm by Peardian »
MM (10%) - SMA3 (33%) - DNS (0%)

Come check out the Nintendo 64 Mapping Workshop!

Offline Rew MK-2

« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2009, 07:41:58 am »
I'm just posting here to give some major props to Peardian!

Not only are you mapping like a madman, but your maps are among the highest quality I've seen on this site.

I absolutely love Yoshi's Island (both the game itself and your maps of it), and that's the one I'm most looking forward to seeing completed.

I also can't wait to see the completion of Yoshi Topsy-Turvy and Wario Land 4. And it looks like Paper Mario is just about done too! :D

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2009, 08:09:29 pm »
Good news, everyone! I've got a double whammy for you. I've finished not only Wario Land 4, but Paper Mario as well! I've finished my first full N64 map rip! What comes next? Well, I only have two weeks left in the semester, so classes are going to heat up. I think my mapping spree has paid off and it's time to take a break. I might make a map here and there, but otherwise don't expect much out of me.

Also, those of you who might be interested in mapping games for the N64, look forward to seeing something in Mapping Tips/Guides.

And thank you, Rew.

Edit: As an added bonus, Bowser's Castle on Seadragon.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 07:04:01 pm by Peardian »

Offline marioman

« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2009, 09:00:02 pm »
Congrats Peardian.  Very impressive work.

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2009, 07:26:15 pm »
Thank you. I'm glad I finally finished it.

I know I said I'd be taking a break, but without mapping I don't know what to do with my time. I've already arranged the layout for 2-1 of Yoshi's Island and have been making plans. First off, I went and checked out Wario Land II's final secret level. Forget mapping it. That place is freaky and I fully believe there is no treasure chest there. Also, I have good news. I recently learned that the latest version of DeSmuME has a map viewer like VBA. It looks like I'd be fully capable of mapping MLPT if I wanted to, though unfortunately not BIS since the levels are polygon textures and I can't find a way to access those.

Right now, things are really too hectic for me to make any solid plans, so we'll see how things turn out!

Offline Rew

« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2010, 04:24:24 pm »
Peardian! I loved the new Mario Kart 64 maps, and your N64 lessons are very informative.

If you don't mind my asking, however, when are we going to see more Yoshi's Island maps? (Not that I'm rushing/pressuring you--it's more just curiosity than anything.)

Good job on all your projects so far! ;)
From the Super Smash Bros. Brawl board on GameFAQs:
The only Fox News we're interested in is breakthroughs in his metagame.

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2010, 08:07:32 pm »
Thank you.

I hope to have more maps done soon, because as it is the only productive thing I've done in a while is render those maps. I've had the Super Smash Bros. stages ripped for a good while (before I did the bonus stages) and Luigi Raceway was the only ripping I've done as of late. Yoshi's Island takes a deal of effort to map, so I'll probably get back to it after a YTT map or two.

Edit: Went and finally made another YTT map. Yay!
Edit: Finished 2-1 of YI. Yay!
Edit: 2-1 is up on the site now. The various stone blocks were a bit of a challenge to work with. Oh, and I ripped the Mario Party 3 logo to go with Piranhaplant's maps.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 02:46:01 pm by Peardian »

Offline Rew

« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2010, 07:00:51 pm »
Now maybe I'm just blind as a bat, but pipe A in 2-1 doesn't have a corresponding A. (I assume it links to that pink in the Invincible Mario zone in the upper left corner of the map?) Again, I'm probably just missing it.

Beautiful map as always, regardless! I look forward to seeing more of the three games you're mapping.

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2010, 07:59:50 pm »
Ah, yes, thank you, I can't believe I overlooked that. Thanks.

I wanted to start more games to map, but classes are proving to be more of a handful than I expected. I'll try and get another map or two done this week, if homework allows.

By the way, I finished Moo Moo Farm's map, and it's up on the site already. I'm switching to .JPG for them (the battle courses will remain .PNG) because the quality loss is negligible for an overall 75% drop in filesize.

Edit: I woke up early and got in a mapping mood. As a result, the next two YTT levels are done. I didn't realize until now that Artoon recolored and reused rooms for these later levels.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 05:19:28 pm by Peardian »

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2010, 11:53:09 am »
Thanks to the magic of Spring Break, I finished three whole course maps. I also ripped the debug rooms from Paper Mario.

And thanks to my brother, I was able to come home this weekend and rip the next two tracks. I hope to have them both ready in two weeks.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 02:23:09 pm by Peardian »

Offline Rew

« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2010, 05:32:22 pm »
Yay, and now more than halfway through MK64. Seriously, as I was looking at the two new tracks, a couple thoughts came to me: I never realized there were two (instead of one) snow statue on Frappe Snowland, nor did I realize there was railing in 50cc on Choco Mountain. Geez, I've been playing this game for how many years now?? =P

(So when do we get to see more Yoshi's Island maps? :3)

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2010, 10:03:19 pm »
It's easy to forget about the railing when you mainly race 100cc/150cc. :P

As you can tell, Mario Kart 64 is the only mapset I've been able to work on recently. The school semester is winding down to a close, meaning I have a flurry of projects to contend with. I have started 2-2 of YI, but no idea when I'll get time to finish it. I have three projects and three weeks, one project due each week, with finals after that. I only get MK64 maps done because I can work on them waiting for class and render them at home. If I do find myself with a good amount of spare time, I will certainly try to make some progress in the other games.

Update: Semester is almost at an end. Mario Raceway is already up on the site and I've made more progress on 2-2. My final exams start in a week and will last for a whole week, so I will be returning home for the summer on Monday, May 3rd.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 06:23:33 pm by Peardian »

Offline Rew

« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2010, 08:35:25 pm »
Sweet, look forward to more maps this summer! (And best of luck on those exams!)

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2010, 03:52:37 pm »
Well, I finally did it! I've finally reached the point in YI where I left off almost six years ago. (Apparently I did map 2-2 back then. Did I forget to submit it?) Anyway, I want to give a great big thanks to Piranhaplant for helping map this game during my lengthy hiatus. I'm very impressed by it, as this game is no piece of cake to map. For those of you who like little details, you'll notice that all the rock detail in the level is different between our two maps. This is because the game randomly generates the tiles every time the room is entered. It's a nice touch that probably nobody notices.

Also, you can expect the next two Mario Kart maps done after my final exams end May 3rd.

Edit: In spite of my finals, I finished 2-3 of YI. Talk about a crazy level! I'm hoping 2-4 will be a lot easier.

Edit2: I've finished Royal Raceway! Yes, already.

Edit3: Finished Bowser's Castle as well. Yes, really.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 12:48:00 am by Peardian »

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2010, 02:14:43 pm »
Guess what? I've finished Mario Kart 64! Hooray! Rainbow Road was a blast to rip. I think I might take a little bit of a break from mapping while I adjust to the upcoming summer semester.

[img width= height=]http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/4016/rainbowmario.gif[/img]