Author Topic: Peardian's map projects in progress and planned  (Read 254331 times)

Offline alucard

Re: Peardian's map projects in progress and planned
« Reply #165 on: April 01, 2012, 07:30:25 am »
Wow I cant believe it took 3 years. I do remember at least a year ago wondering when these would be finished. You really cranked a bunch of them out at the end to finish.

Offline Rew

« Reply #166 on: April 01, 2012, 02:56:24 pm »
If there's ever a mappers hall of fame you'll be in the top tier.

And first mapper inducted, if there's any justice in the world.
From the Super Smash Bros. Brawl board on GameFAQs:
The only Fox News we're interested in is breakthroughs in his metagame.

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
« Reply #167 on: April 13, 2012, 12:44:06 pm »
Just as a bit of a progress report, I'm working on fixing up the Water Temple now. It's a huge pain to work with because of the multiple floors and tons of water everywhere. It took me over 4 hours just to prepare Room 1.
MM (10%) - SMA3 (33%) - DNS (0%)

Come check out the Nintendo 64 Mapping Workshop!

Offline Trop

« Reply #168 on: April 13, 2012, 02:34:06 pm »
No break after finishing Yoshi's Island?  Don't work too hard.

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
« Reply #169 on: April 25, 2012, 03:35:10 pm »
Good news, everyone! I've just realized that the newer version of C4D I have uses the correct Gamma and such when rendering on a Mac (unlike before). This means that I can make the Zelda map renders before the weekends I'm home, which means a significant boost in efficiency!

Update: Phew. Water Temple is done. What a nightmare to map!

Update: Speaking of nightmares, Bottom of the Well is done as well! And with the way I keep track of progress, that puts me at 3/4 completion of the game!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 09:40:01 pm by Peardian »

Offline Rew

« Reply #170 on: May 11, 2012, 10:05:29 pm »
So now that you have the Lens of Truth, are you going to map the full building interior of that Treasure Chest game in Hyrule Castle Market? =D

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
« Reply #171 on: May 12, 2012, 12:32:06 pm »
You know, I might as well. :P

By the way, I've ripped quite a few more areas. The Shadow Temple, Gerudo Valley Future, Gerudo's Fortress & Thieves' Hideout, Haunted Wasteland, and Desert Colossus have all been ripped. I'm going to go back and get the Gerudo's Training Ground next weekend when I have more time to rip.

Update (5/28): Shadow Temple conquered! What a pain it was. And I didn't end up getting the Gerudo's Training Ground last time, so it will have to wait until the start of June. That's fine, though, because I have a lot to do until then!

Update (6/1): I finished Future Gerudo Valley last night, meaning it's off to Gerudo's Fortress and the Thieves' Stronghold. I'll also have a chance to rip the Gerudo's Training Ground, meaning I won't go out of order after all.

Update (6/3): I ripped all of the Training Ground and marked every chest for future reference. Oh yeah, and the path the Poe takes through the Haunted Wasteland. I don't plan on working on the actual maps until later in the week, though, so I can enjoy my visit home.

Update (6/12): After getting lost and mixed up, I mapped Gerudo's Fortress and the Thieves' Hideout. Hopefully, now people will be getting a little less lost!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 06:48:50 pm by Peardian »

Offline Rew

« Reply #172 on: June 13, 2012, 04:23:29 pm »
Also, I think it's about time someone revived this thread out of the depths. :P

Looking forward to seeing the Thieves' Hideout--I swear, no matter how many times I play this game, that place always gets me turned around.

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
« Reply #173 on: June 13, 2012, 05:49:10 pm »
I was going to bump it once I did the next big map, but that works too. I went ahead and did the Haunted Wasteland ahead of schedule, just because I knew it would be quick. Hope your computer isn't too slow, because the Top view is 6500x6000! Next will either be Gerudo's Training Ground or Desert Colossus, depending on how much time I have.

Update: Thanks to a week-long visit home, I now have the Spirit Temple fully ripped. Expect a lot of sandy maps coming soon!

Update (6/28): I decided on the Desert Colossus. This is my first map rendered with C4D R13! (It only took 7 minutes to render the top view!)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 03:37:13 pm by Peardian »

Offline Rew

« Reply #174 on: June 29, 2012, 04:35:41 pm »
Awesome! That only leaves 5 more areas in the whole game: Spirit Temple (present and future), Gerudo Training Ground, Ganon's Castle (exterior), and Inside Ganon's Castle.

You should probably do Spirit Temple before Gerudo Training Ground since, if I recall, there's a certain hidden room only accessible after you get the Silver Gauntlets or Mirror Shield?

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
« Reply #175 on: June 29, 2012, 05:08:01 pm »
I'm actually going to have the Past and Future Spirit Temple together, since the only thing that actually changes between visits is the temporary presence of Nabooru. Plus, it's more fun to see the whole temple together. As for the Training Ground, I'm still going to put it before the Haunted Wasteland, because you can technically access it and complete it before heading that way. I did use some cheatery to access the hidden room ahead of time, so I had the room ripped before I started on the Spirit Temple.

Also, here's a wallpaper I made of the Shadow Temple. I want to make more, but the place is so dark and confined that it's hard to get a good scene/angle setup.

Offline Rew

« Reply #176 on: June 29, 2012, 06:07:12 pm »
Ah, I didn't know it remained (almost) exactly the same between time periods. That puts you even closer! I adjusted the list on page 8 accordingly.

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
« Reply #177 on: July 31, 2012, 01:25:38 pm »
After a whole month, I'm back! I finished the Gerudo Training Ground, finally filling in the gap between Gerudo's Fortress and the Haunted Wasteland. I already have all of the Spirit Temple ripped, so it's just a matter of preparing it and putting it together.

Offline The Ultimate Koopa

« Reply #178 on: August 02, 2012, 05:20:21 pm »
So just 11% to go?

What's after OOT? SMA3, or DNS? (What is DNS?)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #179 on: August 02, 2012, 09:49:29 pm »
I'm guessing DNS is Densetsu no Starfy.  It's a platforming game series by Nintendo starring a star...guy.  Or starfish.  Or star guy that thinks he's a starfish?  I forget.  Only one of Starfy's games made it to North America, but there are four games if I recall correctly.