Author Topic: How did you find VGMaps.com?  (Read 30755 times)

Offline KingKuros

RE: How did you find VGMaps.com?
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2009, 05:36:38 pm »
I couldn't remember either.  I already had a few maps made by the time I joined in.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Re: How did you find VGMaps.com?
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2010, 02:24:00 pm »
Since the site's daily traffic seems to have doubled this week, I'm wondering who else is new on the forums and how they found VGMaps.com.  :)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 02:24:21 pm by JonLeung »

Offline Revned

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2010, 08:31:22 pm »
They probably found their way here as a result of osrevad's Link's Awakening DX map hitting the Top 10 on Digg.

Offline Wario Bros

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2010, 10:02:43 pm »
Ya know, that's a great question but I don't know exactly.  I guess I was looking for maps of Mario games many years ago and here I stand.

Offline Will

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2010, 02:54:28 am »
Finding this website was you might say like following a trail on the internet. It started two years and six months ago, when I used my first emulator MAME and only just learned fully the general use of it and how to obtain more roms. I had a good balance between favourites for Arcade games and computer games but, whilst going through Abandonia, came across one its affliates, a solo administered website called "The House Of Games". There my emulation experience rose greatly through the NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Sega Master System consoles. Whilst looking through the different versions of Prince of Persia, I found the "Prince Of Persia Unofficial Website" which fascinated me. Looking at full maps of the different versions led me directly to this site. Upon browsing, I was eager and keen to make own maps. By this time I began experimenting with Game Boy Advance and made and submitted my first ever maps of the game "Spyro 2: Season of Fire". Ever since I have been learning something new about game cartography every week.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2011, 09:10:49 pm »
With 400 to 500 people visiting the forums almost every day in the past week, I wonder what's going on.  There's not a spike on hits on other pages, it seems specific to the forums.

Online TerraEsperZ

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2011, 09:43:12 pm »
I wouldn't be surprised if this had to do with maps for a popular game being posted on a forum dedicated to said game. Maybe PiranhaPlant's The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventure maps? I don't know, maybe if you could see which threads got the most views recently we'd get a better understanding of the situation.
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Maxim

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2011, 03:18:32 am »
Just install Google Analytics and be done with it :)

It could also be spambots. I've seen a lot more of them recently on my forums.

Offline Rew

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2011, 10:59:03 am »
You know, I honestly don't remember when I discovered this site. I want to say it was during the summer of 2006 when I'd discovered Rick Bruns' NES maps site--but it may have been later.

It was all so long ago. =X
From the Super Smash Bros. Brawl board on GameFAQs:
The only Fox News we're interested in is breakthroughs in his metagame.

Offline xcalibur201

« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2011, 12:43:58 pm »
I'm a retro gamer, so I was looking for Gauntlet maps. snesmaster's 30 maps were on gameFAQs, so I searched google to see if there were more. Eventually I ran across this site and became a fan.
Projects

Genghis Khan (NES) - Complete

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2011, 07:56:17 am »
Looks like we're making the reddit rounds again...though this thread actually started with Rick Bruns' web site, nesmaps.com.   :P  I expect there might be another influx of users...   :)