Author Topic: Transformers Classic (upcoming G1-inspired line) *spoilers*  (Read 12955 times)

Offline TerraEsperZ

Okay, I thought it would be better to make a separate thread for these, since I can finally show pictures thank god :) !

I'm not going to comment on these right away, but I suspect many will be disappointed (but I'm not, ha!)

Hot Rod:

User posted image

User posted image

Optimus Prime:

User posted image

User posted image

Astrotrain:

User posted image

User posted image

User posted image

Starscream:

User posted image

User posted image

Megatron:

User posted image

User posted image

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline bustin98

• Administrator
RE: Transformers Classic (upcoming G1-inspired line) *spoilers*
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2006, 12:15:02 am »
Thumbs up for Starscream and Hot Rod. Optimus, the robot is cool, the vehicle is not. Megatron is at least a gun. And his robot is way better than the original. Hopefully the sides of the chamber come off his arms. Astrotrain, whats with the shoulder pads?

Overall, its cool that they have multiple points of articulation. If I had any money I would pick them up when released.

---

Cool beans

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2006, 08:29:17 am »
I saw this just yesterday on the official web site, actually.  The line is called "More Than Meets The Eye".  It's getting hard to keep up with all these near-simultaneous toy lines.

They call Hot Rod "Rodimus Prime", though.  While his stern face looks like Rodimus's, his vehicle form is clearly that of Hot Rod.  Hot Rod is my favourite Transformer, and I guess this form isn't too bad...if he'd lighten up...and what's with that sploogy gun?

Starscream is awesome.

If that's the safest way to have Megatron as a gun, all NERF-life, I guess that'll have to do.

What's with the Powermaster-style transforming Optimus?  In the sense that it looks like his chest isn't actually the front of the vehicle...

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2006, 10:07:03 am »
It's been a trend for a while actually and is seen with Alternator Tracks for example. A toy transforms differently than the character it's an hommage too, but still has (useless) aesthetic details to look more like the original. Tracks has a little fake car top on his chest to look more like his G1 self, which had his real car top as his chest.

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2006, 10:11:55 am »
Incidently, Imageshack seems to be crapping on us since several pics aren't showing.

Also, I've found an image of the Bumblebee figures, but since it's an exclusive for the fanclub magazine, I'm not sure it's quite ethical to post it here. He look good though.

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2006, 10:38:58 am »
It seems the Bumblebee image was taken by Takara/Tomy, the japanese branch, and no mention of exclusivity is made for them ;)

http://server6.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img=Transformers Classic - Bumblebee.jpg

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline bustin98

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2006, 08:29:04 pm »
Thats alright looking. At least he's not a mini figure.

---

Cool beans

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2006, 08:50:19 pm »
Are these all decal-free?  Or just perfect decal jobs?  Most of them don't look like they'd have any anyway.

Another thing I found odd is that besides the rub symbols, they don't actually have their faction logos, with the exception of Megatron.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2006, 10:29:23 pm »
No decals, as no TF toy has had any for close to 15 years. I'm surprised they put in rub symbols actually; as for faction symbols, I'm sure Hasbro won't be able to resist putting in big obvious ones.

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)