Author Topic: Interesting thing in Zelda 2  (Read 8770 times)

Offline RT 55J

Interesting thing in Zelda 2
« on: January 17, 2009, 03:16:04 pm »
NOTE: I did not find this.

User posted image

---

"its a good day to do what has to be done by me and help my brother to defeat the enemys" - John Freeman

Offline Revned

RE: Interesting thing in Zelda 2
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 03:22:17 pm »
Nice find (to whoever found it). This is the kind of thing that you really wouldn't be able to see without full maps.

Offline marioman

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 03:33:03 pm »
Amazing how Link grows to such massive proportions in only one game...

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2009, 04:20:46 pm »
When I used to own Zelda 2 on my NES, I always figured that area must have held some sort of secret because it just felt gratuitous.

Fast forward a decade and a half, and I found out the truth while reading essays on Hyrule Geography at www.zeldalegends.net">Zelda Legends. Of course, Spectacle Rock is way too large compared to the rest of the area, but I guess it was the only way to make it recognizable.

---

Current projects: Bucky O'Hare (NES), Metal Storm (NES), Clock Tower (SNES), Ristar-The Shooting Star (Gen), Sonic The Hedgehog (Gen), Sonic CD (Sega CD), Mega Man Zero (GBA), Battletoads (NES)
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2009, 04:43:46 pm »
I knew about this in the NES days and figured it was common knowledge...  It was probably mentioned in an issue of Nintendo Power or maybe the NES Game Atlas Player's Guide (which I apparently mistakenly assume that everyone has read).

I always thought it was ridiculous that the entire reach of The Legend Of Zelda is only a miniscule, insignificant portion in Zelda II.

Though looking at it, you'd think they could've done a better job at transcribing the region into the sequel.  I would've put a tile to represent each screen, in which case there should be a lot more greenery around the lake.  Some of that is green rock, but still.

Offline DarkWolf

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2009, 06:52:17 am »
IMO, it just looks like coincidence to me.