Author Topic: Kaiten Ninja - breakdancing to video game music  (Read 10095 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Kaiten Ninja - breakdancing to video game music
« on: February 08, 2009, 08:43:49 pm »

I saw this on GoNintendo.  Interesting selection of tunes.

As seems to be the norm these days, you should probably watch it at YouTube and click on "watch in high quality".

Offline RT 55J

RE: Kaiten Ninja - breakdancing to video game music
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 09:57:59 pm »
I couldn't recognize most of the music, but I was pleasantly surprised when I heard Stone Man's theme.

---

"its a good day to do what has to be done by me and help my brother to defeat the enemys" - John Freeman

Offline marioman

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 06:30:16 am »
What's the tune that starts at about 4:27?
That's the boss theme from Streets of Rage.

I couldn't recognize most of the music, but I was pleasantly surprised when I heard Stone Man's theme.

I didn't recognize much of it either.  I think that there was some Street Fighter in there, and nobody can mistake the Pac-Man jingle.  There was some Streets of Rage, Mega Man (Stone Man and Cut Man), the Capcom logo jingle, and the hurry up jingle from Super Mario Bros.

I looked for a complete list of songs used in this video, but I couldn't find one.

Offline DarkWolf

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 08:56:49 pm »
1:00 is "Ninja Step" from The Revenge of Shinobi.

Offline marioman

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 06:20:12 am »
Ah, so it is.  I knew that I had heard it before, but it has been a while since I last played The Revenge of Shinobi.  Thanks.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 01:09:24 pm »
Stone Man, eh?

Ah, yes, at 2:56.

I'm pleasantly surprised that the music in Mega Man IV and V is really good, now that I've gone back to listen to the NSF rips.  (I should get the NSF for Mega Man VI as well...)

They're not as memorable as the ones from the first three games (or at least II and III), but maybe because of the number of times I've played those (I guess that's why Mega Man X is memorable, too).  I shouldn't write off the music from the other games just because I can't readily identify with Robot Master's stage it belongs to.