Author Topic: Raptor: Call of the Shadows Bravo Sector, level 1  (Read 25699 times)

Offline Mikemc

Raptor: Call of the Shadows Bravo Sector, level 1
« on: April 17, 2009, 04:33:11 pm »
http://members.shaw.ca/drawn2life/_other_/raptorlv1png.png

It's not perfectly sewn together to make each 32 x 32 tile but that will change soon.

- Mike

Offline DarkWolf

RE: Raptor: Call of the Shadows Bravo Sector, level 1
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 08:56:36 pm »
Was this stitched?  I was able to find the tile graphics from the resource file, but unfortunately I never found the actual level data.

Offline Mikemc

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 02:52:02 am »
You have the tiles? That'd be swell if you could send them to me at drawn2life@shaw.ca :).

- Mike

Offline Will

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2009, 03:43:37 am »
To finish that map you may wish to add the item canisters, the end level boss and maybe any land or water enemies that appear in the Veteran or Elite difficulties.

Offline LDK

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2009, 11:52:50 am »
I've already mapped half this game :) It looks like your map - with no canisters and no enemies (except stationary bases). So you could map Tango Sectors levels 3 - final and Outer Regions levels 3 - final to avoid redundancy. IMO enemies would take too much space and block nice ground layout, but if you want to add them, I could send you my maps. My maps was done by Screenshot Autostitcher, so it would be time consuming to add all enemies.

Offline Mikemc

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2009, 07:08:30 pm »
Yes, I prefer no enemies because they move around and I really wanted the tiles. I'll see about Tango as I'm there now in my playthrough.

Can I assume Autosticher is free? I did this one by hand in PSP.

Offline LDK

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2009, 03:25:33 am »
Screenshot Autostitcher is made by our fellow mapper Maxim -> https://www.vgmaps.com/forums/index.php?page=1&topic=516

mask file for Raptor -> http://ldk.hopto.org/raptor.bmp

Offline DarkWolf

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2009, 06:32:36 am »
I never extracted the tiles, but they are there in one of the resource files.  You can use http://pixel.garoux.net/rawcndy.zip to find them.  A Raptor palette is included in the zip.

I stopped progress on ripping this game because the executable checks the resource files to see if they have been tampered with, and I didn't want to have to track down checksums.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2009, 08:22:21 pm »
LDK submitted a bunch of Raptor maps.

What should I do with the first map since both LDK and Mikemc have mapped it?

Offline Mikemc

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2009, 09:53:57 pm »
I dunno.. I did it for fun but I kinda don't want to be booted off just because someone else hesitated.

Offline LDK

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2009, 04:20:19 am »
Keep Mike's map up and if he will upload more maps, just replace mine. His method is pixel accurate.  

Offline Mikemc

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2009, 05:02:50 am »
I don't know where I am going with this, but I'm having alot of fun along the way :).

http://members.shaw.ca/egamers/bravo2.png

How do I post as a link?

Offline Crixomix

Re: Raptor: Call of the Shadows Bravo Sector, level 1
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2009, 06:12:32 pm »
A. Hi, I'm currently making a raptor/tyrian like game in Gamemaker, and would LOVE to get a buttload of sprites from raptor. Preferably all of them... I'm not sure exactly how this would be possible, although I do own the full version of the game, I have no idea how to rip the sprites off. If anyone could help me that would be amazing! I tried that raw candy program with the raptor GLB files, and it seems like it's almost working, but the images are all skewed, like they go one pixel up and 40 pixels over, it's strange.

Offline Maxim

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2009, 06:28:10 pm »
If the images are skewed then repeat with a different width until they look right. Basically they're just stored as raw bitmaps in the resource file.

Offline DarkWolf

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2009, 06:33:56 pm »
The tiles are stored as the bitmaps, but I know that the sprites are not (unless I missed something).  They are either stored as small tiles (doubtful) or in some sort of descriptive format (I ran across this with Heroes of Might and Magic II).  With Raw Candy, a hex editor, a scripting/programming language and lots of patience you might be able to figure it out.  One of these days I might try to tackle it, but no promises.