Author Topic: SimCity (Super NES)  (Read 27516 times)

Offline magicbay

• this isn't me.. just a celeb i like..
RE: SimCity (Super NES)
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2009, 02:52:45 am »
BTW..

I don't have an emulator or any kind of camera to take screenshots to begin with and was hoping that someone would take this project up when they were interested in it..

That's why I was sent the maps in jpg form from someone over at www.gamefaqs.com.  Now I'm having to go through making a yahoo.com group, uploading the jpg maps and then saving them as bmp files.

I'm not going to sit here and argue with yall..

If someone wants to take this project up, fine..  I'll wait til someone posts the 1st 1000 maps, but don't say I didn't offer up the maps that I have for a guide and template for the maps being posted later..

Offline magicbay

• this isn't me.. just a celeb i like..
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2009, 02:56:57 am »
Jon,

Can ya please close this topic because I'm tired of having to explain my actions of asking about the maps for the Snes Simcity game??

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2009, 08:05:30 am »
After a few days of no posts, along comes this topic, which I post once in, and don't see it for a few hours, and BAM!, everyone's talking again.

It's clear, magicbay, that you aren't familiar with the mapmaking process, which is fine, but as Revned said, I don't think anyone here was truly picking on you.  Certainly not to the extent that you should have to be offended.  At least I don't see it that way (unless I missed something).  You know how that's kind of a problem with written communication; you can't tell the intended tone.  But I believe the regulars here aren't malicious.

Revned's suggestion to abolish the Map Requests section is noted; however, I feel that people will make requests anyway, so a Map Requests section would at least keep them in one place, and therefore mappers who don't do requests wouldn't have to look at the topics.  Unless you guys think the mere existence of a Map Requests board is encouraging the requests?  Technically I could remove this board right now without waiting for the forum revamp (where is bustin, anyway?) but then I should move some of the not-that-unreasonable request topics somewhere...

(In any case, thanks for reminding me that I should get in touch with bustin soon.)

It's good that DarkWolf fulfilled your previous requests (the Blake Stone games and Spear Of Destiny), but as I had hoped I mentioned, to not get spoiled, as requests aren't often fulfilled as quickly.  I think DarkWolf had enough inkling to do those games eventually anyway, but that doesn't mean that every game you need maps for will be greeted with as much enthusiasm.

But I will close this topic as per magicbay's request, and we will discuss the future of the Map Requests board in a new topic.