General Boards > Map Gab

Alisia Dragoon maps and secrets

<< < (2/2)

G.E.R.:
One problem with levels exploring on Genesis is a block-structure of them.
Usually I use CheatEngint for finding X/Y coordinates and setting up DEL/HM/END/PD to changing player (character) coordinates.
So ← ↑ → ↓ uses for normal character moving and DEL/HM/END/PD uses for game screen moving.
It allowed to explore many game maps on GBA/DS/NDS/PC levels when I've been ripped them.

Alisia Dragoon is block-map game and hasn't unified game areas and this system doesn't working on most Genesis games. For this reason I foundn't some hidden areas.

TerraEsperZ:
Cool method! I managed to do something like this using Lua scripting for a few GBA games (moving camera coordinates using keyboard keys) and it made things so much easier!

I once used CheatEngine to do something similar for Makai Toushi SaGa on the Oswan Wonderswan emulator but I obviously wasn't going about it the right way. I never understood how to use CheatEngine with pointers, which meant that everytime I wanted to take screenshots, I'd have to track down the camera coordinates. Second, the altered values would only work after a room transition. It made mapping a lot more complicated and I eventually put the project on pause.

But going back to your post, what do you mean exactly by "block structure" and it preventing you from exploring?

G.E.R.:
I modify maps.
Check it - https://disk.yandex.ru/d/Lj1iowhX-k7oeQ

Cleeem:
Interestingly, you both use powerful tools.

Everything is perfect for bonuses and secret rooms.

Just one more thing. The entrance to level 3 needs to be moved.

And for 7a, you could add horizontal travel towards the castle if you like

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version