Author Topic: YouTube channel! (JonLeung1)  (Read 86941 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Re: YouTube channel! (JonLeung1)
« Reply #105 on: February 17, 2024, 10:16:09 am »

You've probably seen/heard my "One Minute of Music from every NES game" video, but now here's the next one... "One Minute of Music from every SNES game (US & Canada)"!

Excluding Super Copa (a reskin of Tony Meola's Sidekicks Soccer which apparently came out in Mexico, not just South America and some Central/Latin America countries as I previously thought), there are exactly 720 games that were released for the Super NES in North America, and 720 minutes (12 hours) happens to be the current maximum length of a YouTube video.  That was one of the reasons I felt it was too fitting to not make, and this easily is my longest video ever.

I'd actually been working on this on and off since the NES one, usually as a way to keep myself from burning out when I needed to step away from other video projects.  It's been sitting on my hard drive, completed for a while, and figured I might as well get this out there.  It's hard to know how many actual hours it took, but there was a LOT of cleaning up of box art.  Most are originally from The Cover Project, but hundreds of those still needed a few obvious scratches to be removed and for the black background to be made solidly black.  This may be the cleanest Super NES box art on the 'net!

This and the NES music video are great to have running in the background while you do your work.  ;)  Hope you enjoy this!

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #106 on: April 07, 2024, 05:39:30 pm »

Here's a review of "NES Endings Compendium: Vol. 1: 1985-89".
If that sounds familiar, it's an upgraded version of a book I'd reviewed earlier, that one only went up to 1988.  1989 was a big year for the NES, so this book is considerably bigger!

Apologies that this took so long.  It's a video I had promised to do, but I had some setbacks, the Japan trip from almost eleven months ago really took a toll on my intended video releases.  I'm glad it's done, and I think it's just as good as any other review video I've done.

I am considering reapplying for monetization soon... so any views you can get on this would certainly be appreciated!

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #107 on: April 13, 2024, 10:24:42 pm »

Yes, I skipped Kyononis Shrine in The Legend Of Zelda: Tears Of The Kingdom.  What's up with that?