Author Topic: Might and Magic 3-5 (PC)  (Read 29415 times)

Offline Paco

Might and Magic 3-5 (PC)
« on: May 18, 2010, 10:06:59 am »
I plan to map it next.  ;D

After that maybe LoL 3 or any of DQ-Series *thinking*

done (MM3):

5 of 5 Cities !
5 of 5 Castles !
5 of 5 Cavern !
8 of 8 Dungeons !
5 of 5 Pyramids !
24 of 24 Sector !

Maps are done now come the 2nd Phase: fixing error, adding Info and Credit, renaming, throwing into PNGauntlet, etc... :/

100 Maps done and still 40 Maps left...
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 03:04:27 pm by Paco »
Legends never dies.

Offline Grizzly

Re: Might and Magic 3-5 (PC)
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 09:35:25 am »
Cool, I am looking forward to Might and Magic 3 - because it was the first Might & Magic game I had. What kind of maps do you plan? With textures so that it looks colorful like ingame or more like a two-color map where only walls are distinguishable from floors?

Offline Paco

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 01:46:15 am »
this is not finished. besides i am playing the german Version so the German Title will shown instead of the english Name.

Ripped:

Original:

done:

3 Cities (incl. Sewer) of 5
7 Sector of 24 (World Map)
only 1 Dungeon  :(
Legends never dies.

Offline Will

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 06:54:57 am »
Not bad at all. Is the original map to include a key to distinguish the meanings of those letters? Pity you don't try maps that mimic the style I used for Eye of the Beholder with Icons and arrows and such like. Still the end result reliablity of the maps is bound to be optimum. Keep it up.

Offline Paco

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 11:06:52 am »
Not bad at all. Is the original map to include a key to distinguish the meanings of those letters?

yup. I will include it later and i am also experiences around.

Pity you don't try maps that mimic the style I used for Eye of the Beholder with Icons and arrows and such like. Still the end result reliablity of the maps is bound to be optimum. Keep it up.

I really like these Maps. ;D but i'm not good with creating new Icon (like Monster, Trap, Color for Stats Push-Up and so) i suck at it. ;_; Otherwise i would have done it long ago.
Legends never dies.

Offline Paco

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2010, 03:05:53 am »
now i got a Luxus-Problem. I made 2 World Map. One with Grid (in 24 Parts from A1 until F4) and one without.

Which one should i send later to Jon (when i am done with mapping all Map of MM3)?
Legends never dies.

Offline Grizzly

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2010, 09:46:55 am »
It would be easier to decide when we could see both versions side-to-side.  :)

Offline Paco

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2010, 03:05:15 am »
Here you go:

With Grid:

Without it:

Legends never dies.

Offline DarkWolf

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2010, 11:17:33 am »
Ungh, I hate ImageShack's new interface.  It doesn't let you see images at 1:1 very easily.

Anyway I vote for without grid.

Offline Will

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2010, 12:30:18 pm »
I also think the map looks better without the grid. That way you see the whole thing better instead of seeing the grid squares one-by-one, which one tends to do when focusing.

Offline Paco

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2010, 06:59:35 am »
You called and i follow it. ^_^

Original:

This was the old Map and now here is the finished Fountain Head Cavern Map. How do you like it?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 07:00:00 am by Paco »
Legends never dies.

Offline Grizzly

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2010, 12:22:14 pm »
I think it's a bit too colourless and unintuitive, but this might be only my personal opinion. I wonder if it's possible to mix in some elements of the game using little graphics, for example a ladder/staircase icon beneath the arrows for Up/Down and a little chest icon instead of T (for treasures) or painting the floor in the main color of the in-game ground. However, because I do not know what the Accuracy and Intelligence fields (amongst others) mean (I didn't play the game very deeply) and how they could be displayed differently, this idea maybe cannot be followed.

Offline Paco

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2010, 12:21:11 am »
I think it's a bit too colourless and unintuitive, but this might be only my personal opinion. I wonder if it's possible to mix in some elements of the game using little graphics, for example a ladder/staircase icon beneath the arrows for Up/Down and a little chest icon instead of T (for treasures) or painting the floor in the main color of the in-game ground. However, because I do not know what the Accuracy and Intelligence fields (amongst others) mean (I didn't play the game very deeply) and how they could be displayed differently, this idea maybe cannot be followed.

I will try out Ground-Color in MM4/MM5, but not in MM3 anymore (but the 24 Sector-Maps will be colorful). Ladder and staircase dont exist in MM3 only Hole to climb down and Rope to climb up. so i wont bother with that either in MM3 (but MM4-5 has many of it so i will see how i do it).

Treasure Chest-Icon would be good but like i said to Will i sucks at drawing Icons. I could also use one more Icon: Potion-Icon for the Status-Up for the 7 Stats and Color show which Stats will be stronger. (White stand for Luck, Red for Might, etc.) Maybe also a Scroll-Icon for Spell. The Icons should be in 35x35 Pixel and in Style of the Map.
Legends never dies.

Offline Paco

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2010, 06:00:44 am »
now MM3 are all finished, only need to throw it in PNGGauntlet before sending it to Jon. Will do that before i go to sleeping since its taking a toll on PC-Power.

Maybe Jon is going to kill me coz i send him 60 Maps the other Day and now 133 MM3-Maps?  ;D
Legends never dies.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2010, 08:15:16 am »
Maybe Jon is going to kill me coz i send him 60 Maps the other Day and now 133 MM3-Maps?  ;D

I won't kill you (since you're doing me a favour by sending me content, after all), however I may be irritated if I have to rename all the files to my file-naming convention.

*looks around*  You know who you are, those of you who send in a hundred maps and I have to put the name of the game in the filename!  *glare*
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 08:15:39 am by JonLeung »