Author Topic: 2010/07: StarCraft (PC) - LDK  (Read 20086 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
2010/07: StarCraft (PC) - LDK
« on: June 30, 2010, 10:27:46 pm »

For this month's "Maps Of The Month" featurette, I wish to draw your attention to LDK's StarCraft (PC) maps.

I hardly need to say anything about this game.  If you play computer games at all, chances are you know what StarCraft is.  Over a decade since its original release, the game is still popular in LAN parties, online, and in the entire country of Korea.

The maps here are of the campaigns in the main game and the Brood War expansion.  This game isn't just about the multiplayer!  You might want to know your way around the galaxy as you lead your Terran, Zerg, and Protoss forces to victory.  Mass carriers may not necessarily equal instant win...knowledge of the terrain might be just as useful.  And you will also need to know where to direct your Zerg rush.  Kekekekeke!

Quite the masterpiece this game is...isn't it about time for a sequel?  Oh, wait...

So to recognize the effort put into mapping one of the most renowned RTSes of all time, LDK's StarCraft maps will be known as VGMaps.com's Maps Of The Month for July 2010.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 10:34:28 pm by JonLeung »

Offline The Ultimate Koopa

Re: 2010/07: StarCraft (PC) - LDK
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 10:48:10 am »
On the main Maps of the Month page, it says "StarCraft II", just thought I'd point that out.

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
Re: 2010/07: StarCraft (PC) - LDK
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 01:05:04 pm »
And as such, the hyperlink on it refers to a nonexistant anchor.

Nice maps, by the way. :D
MM (10%) - SMA3 (33%) - DNS (0%)

Come check out the Nintendo 64 Mapping Workshop!