Author Topic: Nintendo Gallery: OoT  (Read 56305 times)

Offline Rew

Re: Nintendo Gallery: OoT
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2012, 07:03:18 pm »
Yeah, that's pretty much the greatest thing in the world.

I concur with Revned here, pretty much about this whole thread.

By the way, I especially love what you did at the end--including not only the bosses but also the poses of all the sages as they're sealing away Ganon!

Truly a stupendous effort, both on these models and especially the OoT maps themselves.
From the Super Smash Bros. Brawl board on GameFAQs:
The only Fox News we're interested in is breakthroughs in his metagame.

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2014, 11:03:29 pm »
After months of putting it off, I finally completed the gallery page!

Ocarina of Time Nintendo Gallery (med. sized)
(Half-sized)
(Full-sized)

Can you find the secret button? ;)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 05:44:42 pm by Peardian »
MM (10%) - SMA3 (33%) - DNS (0%)

Come check out the Nintendo 64 Mapping Workshop!

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2014, 07:51:28 am »
 :o  That's awesome!  Wow!

(However, while the first link works, the half-sized and full-sized ones don't...)

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2014, 03:21:23 pm »
Oop, yeah, sorry about that. It was late and I typo'd the URL for those two.

Offline Rew

« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2014, 06:25:27 am »
Peardian, you're internet famous! ZeldaInformer posted a link to your OoT models on their Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/ZeldaInformer/photos/a.10150313965571447.337243.101670051446/10151901747206447/?type=1&stream_ref=10
From the Super Smash Bros. Brawl board on GameFAQs:
The only Fox News we're interested in is breakthroughs in his metagame.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2014, 08:56:20 am »
I see they also recently linked to it on Kotaku, who I had informed about this earlier, as soon as the link was corrected.  I'm guessing ZeldaInformer got it from there, as they use the same image...

(They'll probably edit it, but it looks like they misspelled your name "Peardina" at the end of the Kotaku article, at least on the cached version from hours ago...sounds like a female name?  I corrected someone on Twitter a short while ago who thought you were female, and as we might remember, I also once thought you were as well...)

I also sent it to GoNintendo, which I see also recently got around to posting it.  Funny how Kotaku and GoNintendo only post it at about the same time...as if it's only newsworthy once someone else does...considering I sent the email to both a week ago...  Or maybe GoNintendo ignores me as usual.  They sure post a lot of Nintendo news but sometimes it's questionable what they choose to post and what they don't.  :P

As a side note, it's kind of hard to surf the Internet at work when they block the games-related sites, and so I only can tell that Kotaku and GoNintendo posted that based on the Google cache.  But VGMaps is not blocked at work...that's kind of a slap in the face that they DON'T block VGMaps, actually...

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2014, 08:31:02 pm »
Odd, I guess I only thought about replying to this...

It's neat that those sites liked it enough to show it, even if nobody on GoNintendo paid any attention to it. Of course, this probably tops both of those...

I got an email from Matthew Castle today. Who's that, you ask? He's an editor for the UK's Official Nintendo Magazine. I'll let you guess the rest. :D

Offline Trop

« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2014, 11:23:17 pm »
I'd be funny if suddenly you had to worry about professional competition from Nintendo instead cease and desist orders.  Imagine one of their model designers seeing this and rushing to create a bunch of figurine galleries from whichever game.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2014, 11:04:35 am »
Whatever happened with the Official Nintendo Magazine, Peardian?  Did you get published?