Author Topic: Castlevania: Harmony of Despair Xbox 360  (Read 20848 times)

Offline BTHR Zero X

• This is a Matter of Life and Death! My Life and Your Death!
Castlevania: Harmony of Despair Xbox 360
« on: August 11, 2010, 01:01:05 am »
I was wondering would Anyone be able to rip the maps for this game since it is a just like the DS games in style?
BounTy HunteR Zero X

Offline BTHR Zero X

• This is a Matter of Life and Death! My Life and Your Death!
Re: Castlevania: Harmony of Despair Xbox 360
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 03:25:28 pm »
Ok if it helps here I ripped the Game files I just have no idea where to look in them @.@

http://www.sendspace.com/file/k3obta Part 1
http://www.sendspace.com/file/a83ygh Part 2
http://www.sendspace.com/file/n6chmw Part 3
http://www.sendspace.com/file/brwrn5 Part 4
BounTy HunteR Zero X

Offline alucard

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 11:11:33 am »
That would be awesome if someone could map this game

Offline uladraz

Castlevania: Harmony of Despair maps completed..almost
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2011, 01:23:15 am »
Hi,
They are here:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/7h2wku

Pretty much ready to go, but they have no labels or pixel size stats or any of the other requirements for use on this site... anyone want to finish them off?

Offline TerraEsperZ

Re: Castlevania: Harmony of Despair maps completed..almost
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2011, 11:28:40 pm »
How the heck did you manage to capture all those maps pixel-perfect!? Great work in any case but I'd like details on how you achieved this!
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2011, 09:04:04 am »
I was going to say "holy sweetness!" but since this is Castlevania, it's probably more along the lines of "unholy sweetness".

You don't need to supply pixel size stats, that's my job.  But If I'm to accept this as a submission (normally I prefer to accept them via email, but this is fine since I see this now), I do need a few things before I put these up:

1. Did you make these?
2. If so, is "uladraz" the name you want to be credited as?
3. And do I use the email address in your profile as the email link for your name?
4. Is this ripped from the Xbox Live version or the PlayStation Network version?
5. Have you managed to rip an image for the title screen?

And though I will gladly accept these maps, out of curiosity, were you planning on doing the five DLC stages?  One of those is based on the original Castlevania which would be neat to compare against Revned's original.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 09:05:12 am by JonLeung »

Offline Revned

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2011, 10:58:13 am »
Wow, I'm very impressed. I'm also quite curious as to how you made these. I'm guessing you were able to extract these from a dump of the game?

Offline uladraz

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2011, 05:57:49 pm »
I didn't make them, all credit is due Konami, I don't need any credit, I just love this site, and I love all things Castlevania, and I saw you had a 'Castlevania' feature on your home page so I thought I'd contribute. If you absolutely need to credit someone than you can use 'uladraz', that's fine. They are ripped from the Xbox live version. As to how, you can google: wxPirs and quickbms. I don't have any of the DLC yet so I can't rip that, sorry.
BTW, WRS from Xentax created the BMS export script.

Here is the title, the full title screen is really large so I didn't rip it, let me know if that's ok:
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 05:17:39 pm by uladraz »

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2011, 09:28:35 pm »
Voila!  And they're up!

Hello, new atlas page!  And for a current-gen console, too!

Offline alucard

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2011, 08:15:44 am »
I didn't make them, all credit is due Konami, I don't need any credit, I just love this site, and I love all things Castlevania, and I saw you had a 'Castlevania' feature on your home page so I thought I'd contribute. If you absolutely need to credit someone than you can use 'uladraz', that's fine. They are ripped from the Xbox live version. As to how, you can google: wxPirs and quickbms. I don't have any of the DLC yet so I can't rip that, sorry.
BTW, WRS from Xentax created the BMS export script.

Here is the title, the full title screen is really large so I didn't rip it, let me know if that's ok:

These maps look great. You did a good job on them. Just wondering, would you be mapping the other 5 Chapters/Levels that are downloadable content? That would be 7 through 11.

Offline Zephadus

Castlevania: Harmony of Despair - Chapters 10 and 11
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2012, 12:56:50 pm »
So I'm kinda new here, but I thought I'd let you all know that I'm working on "Origins" and "The Legend of Fuma".

Firstly, I'd like you all to keep in mind that this is a work in progress,
and by no means should any of these images be considered final.
Having said that, I'd like as much C&C as you're willing to give.
Feel free to point out any problem areas that i need to correct, and so on.

Now rather than upload and post a big huge compilation, I'm going to post them as individual areas. (all the images will be compiled later)

It's interesting to note that for the most part, Konami seems to have copy/pasted
the stages from Castlevania into one bug huge level with a few changes here and there.
One major difference in all areas of the stage is the stairs, as in this example:
As you can see, the new stairs appear "fuller", and blend in with the block tiles well.
Speaking of which, all stairs also have a 2-tile thick wall behind them now.

Another big difference is that one area was flipped horizontally
(the area with the pillars and the Eagle+Fleaman),
and a couple of areas (the caves and the aforementioned are with the pillars)
have been pasted twice end to end in order to make them long enough to fill the desired space.

Also, I haven't forgotten about Fuma!
This is basically my canvas for the Legend of Fuma stage, which is very WIP.
The image is huge, just so you know.

The Fuma stage will take a great deal longer to create,
mostly because I'm still ripping the maps for the original game.
If anyone's interested, here's what Getsu Fuuma Den maps look like:
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 10:55:28 pm by Zephadus »

Offline alucard

Re: Castlevania: Harmony of Despair - Chapters 10 and 11
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2012, 07:57:40 am »
I am glad someone is working on the extra Chapters. I had asked if the person who made the originals was going to finish, but he did not reply yet, so I was not expecting anymore from Castlevania HD.

Offline Vanya

Castlevania HD Chapter 10
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2013, 11:14:00 pm »
I've been looking high and low for a full resolution version of CV1 remake chapter to no avail.
If anyone has it or has the time and patience to complete it you'd have appreciation and admiration.
I'd do it myself, but I don't have a 360 or a PS3.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 11:14:09 pm by Vanya »

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2013, 09:13:38 am »
Wow, I'm slow.

I knew that Castlevania: Dawn Of Sorrow was one of many DS games at the time that had "D" and "S" as the first letter of their subtitles, in reference to the platform that it's on.  (It's a little subtle since it's also the direct sequel to Aria Of Sorrow on the GBA...)

But because of Vanya's post I realized that Castlevania: Harmony Of Despair is a reference to HD (as in "high-def").  (And before I was complaining that it sounded like Harmony Of Dissonance on the GBA...)

Couldn't the stage that's a remake of the NES Castlevania be reconstructed using the NES tiles?  I almost wonder if that might actually be easier.  Or are there other changes besides merely the possibility of tiles having been shifted?

Offline Vanya

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2013, 04:57:02 pm »
There are a hand full of new tiles. That said, yes, you could use the original tiles to reconstruct it. I'd do it myself if I had access to the game or a clear enough pic of the whole thing.