Author Topic: 2011/01: Kick Master (NES) - sprays  (Read 15742 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
2011/01: Kick Master (NES) - sprays
« on: December 31, 2010, 10:58:36 pm »

For this month's "Maps Of The Month" featurette, I wish to draw your attention to sprays's Kick Master (NES) maps.

Let's kick off 2011's Maps Of The Month with Kick Master!  When the kingdom of Lowrel is ravaged by the evil wizard Belzed, it's up to Thonolan, a martial artist, to save the kidnapped princess Silphee.  Maybe not the most original video game storyline, but this hero really kicks butt...and kicks everything, really.  After all, the game's title makes clear what his specialty is.

Though Kick Master was published by Taito, this game is developed by KID (Kindle Imagine Develop), who has created some very detailed NES games under different publishers.  Take a look at their two G.I. Joe games (with Taxan and Capcom) and Low G Man (also published by Taxan).  Mapper sprays has recognized this artistry, and this is his second recognition for the Maps Of The Month for one of KID's NES games (the previous being for G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero back in November 2009).  Between the Witches' Forest and Belzed's Haunted Tower, you and Thonalan will encounter sharp graphics and large bosses, and sprays can help lead the way.

So to recognize the effort put into these butt-kicking maps, sprays's Kick Master (NES) maps will be known as VGMaps.com's Maps Of The Month for January 2011.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 11:04:53 pm by JonLeung »