Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords  (Read 7280 times)

Offline Rew

The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords
« on: October 01, 2011, 12:03:05 pm »
With the recent release this past week of Four Swords Anniversary Edition, I figured now might be a good time to request maps of the multiplayer game, Four Swords for GBA. The challenge with that of course is that the maps are randomized for all four of the main stages: Sea of Trees, Talus Cave, Death Mountain, and Vaati's Palace. I guess one could make maps of all the main boards, then of the various central areas (which change every time). The Chambers of Insight are set, so that would be easy.

Then for the DSi/3DS version, there's also Realm of Memories and Hero's Trial. From what I've heard, those are thankfully all set and not randomized, much more like Chambers of Insight.
From the Super Smash Bros. Brawl board on GameFAQs:
The only Fox News we're interested in is breakthroughs in his metagame.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Re: The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 09:03:58 pm »
I cleared the Realm Of Memories today, pretty much in one sitting.

For those of you who don't know (though I don't think it's a spoiler since it's in the trailer for the game), the Realm Of Memories includes areas taken from A Link To The Past, Link's Awakening (non-DX), and the original The Legend Of Zelda.  They are modified, of course, but I found Link's Awakening very neat (it was a bit more fresh in my mind, having recently finished the DX version on the 3DS VC), as a good amount of the landscape was true to the original, but now being able to see more than one "screen" at a time was interesting, and with multiplayer, it reminds me of that Castlevania: Harmony Of Despair game on XBLA and PSN.

I don't know how feasible it would be to map the Realm Of Memories from the Anniversary Edition version, but I've always felt that the GBA version of Four Swords could have been attempted.  Sure, most of the main stages are random, but from what I've seen, I can't imagine that there are too many random parts.  Certainly there could be a large number of overall permutations and combinations, but there might only be a feasible number of map segments that could be mapped out.

Considering that Four Swords is one of the least played games in the series, now reintroduced to a whole generation of 3DS owners (at the moment, not very much, but still!) I second the request to see Four Swords mapped somehow.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 09:05:04 pm by JonLeung »