Author Topic: Here's something to do with your loose change  (Read 11055 times)

Offline bustin98

• Administrator
Here's something to do with your loose change
« on: July 07, 2006, 10:49:50 pm »
Some guy wants to buy a Wii (or however many he can afford) just to break it into pieces right on the spot.

[link]http://smashmywii.com/[/link]

I wonder why he won't do that to a PS3 . . .

---

Cool beans

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
RE: Here's something to do with your loose change
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2006, 10:30:44 am »
See here: bustin...

http://www.smashmyps3.com/

There you go!

I also saw the short video of Smash My Xbox (360).  They sledgehammered an Xbox 360 in the parking lot outside of the store where they bought it, and other guys who had just bought theirs and were watching were like, "Why?  Why?"

Offline Revned

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2006, 11:10:52 am »
They didn't do it in front of nearly enough people. They need to do it in a big city, not just a small one.

Offline bustin98

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2006, 12:11:46 pm »
If I would just open my eyes I see there is a navigation along the top that links to the other sites of smashing. So no discrimination here.

He should do what they do on X-Play, go through various desctructive activities and see which one lasts the longest (Gamecube held up the longest against the Xbox and PS2).

---

Cool beans

Offline DarkWolf

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2006, 09:20:31 am »
I've never believed in wasting money like that.  If you don't like the system don't buy it.  If you pay hundreds of dollars just to spite people you're a pretty big a**hole.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2006, 04:19:36 pm »
It's all for fun.  That's why they accept "donations".  If people are willing to "donate" money to see a system trashed and the people running the site are happy to do that service then I don't see a big problem with it.  It's not so much a donation as it is in a sense paying to be entertained by such a thing.  There are better causes to donate to, so by seeing it as voluntarily and optionally paid entertainment it's less...wasteful?  I don't know.

Okay, it's still a waste but then again most entertainment is.

Look at it this way...even if they used that money to buy an Xbox 360 for somebody it likely would've broken down by now.  And it didn't eat up their DVDs!