Author Topic: Texture Skewing Tool  (Read 14331 times)

Offline DarkWolf

Texture Skewing Tool
« on: May 10, 2012, 12:58:38 pm »
I know a few people were interested in the skewed textures from the Wolfenstein (and friends) maps I did.  I wanted to play around with SharpDevelop, so I wrote a small C# program that can generate textures similar to the ones I used for those maps.  Yes, floor textures are still a bit distorted, but everything fits together pixel perfect (which was more important to me).  You'll need .NET 3 to run this.

Program
Example Scene

Offline TerraEsperZ

Re: Texture Skewing Tool
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 05:41:33 pm »
Thanks for sharing this! I was curious to see how exactly it would distort a texture for the ground and although the result looks a bit weird up close, it looks much better than I imagine!
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline The Ultimate Koopa

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 03:53:00 pm »
Malicious Web Site Blocked

You attempted to access:
http://garoux.net/forum/thealtar.png

This is a known malicious web site. It is recommended that you do NOT visit this site. The detailed report explains the security risks on this site.

For your protection, this web site has been blocked. Visit Symantec to learn more about phishing and internet security.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 07:01:08 pm »
What's weird is that I can access the site without problem, but then again, I know a few webcomic sites that I can't access half the time because they too are reported as containing malicious material. It's possible that this is either a false positive or maybe the site features banner ads which themselves feature malicious codes from time to time.
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline DarkWolf

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2012, 07:31:53 am »
I had an issue years ago where some malicious code got onto the server.  I removed the script fairly quickly, but it looks like Symantec doesn't bother to re-check sites that have been black-listed.  Great, makes me wonder what other security tools have done this...

Offline Trop

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2012, 08:29:13 am »
You can store your tools in the VGMapper Tank if you want.  It's not there just for saves.

Offline DarkWolf

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2012, 12:13:51 pm »
I submitted a re-evaluation request to Symantec, just waiting on that.  It's really annoying.  I resolved the issue with Google so browsers like Fire Fox and Chrome wouldn't show the warning, but I didn't realize Symantec had their own blacklist until now.

You should be able to ignore the warning Symantec is giving.  Like I said the warning comes from an issue that happened years ago when a PHP script appeared that was doing some bad things.  It was deleted and resolved a long time ago.

*EDIT*

All fixed: http://safeweb.norton.com/report/show?url=garoux.net
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 11:45:57 pm by DarkWolf »

Offline The Ultimate Koopa

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2012, 09:47:21 pm »
I had an issue years ago where some malicious code got onto the server.  I removed the script fairly quickly, but it looks like Symantec doesn't bother to re-check sites that have been black-listed.  Great, makes me wonder what other security tools have done this...

So I take it you use NIS?