Author Topic: eishiya's Maps.  (Read 47466 times)

Offline eishiya

Re: Eishiya's Raw Maps: Magical Starsign (NDS) and Magical Vacation (GBA)
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2014, 09:48:06 am »
Alrighty. Can't make any promises, but I'll try to get back to Magical vacation as soon as I can. Is the Plane of Darkness complete? I see lots of stuff there that's clearly not my own, but since the locations aren't labelled I can't compare to a walkthrough. If it's done then I can just rush through it to the Plane of Death.
(Do you perchance have the raw maps for those locations still? I'd love to see/save them!)

Since my Summon Night maps are as raw as my MV maps (once again, started mapping after pretty much finishing the game xP), I'd feel awful submitting them as-is. I'll make a thread for them later. I'm procrastinating on working on my own games and stumbled upon Summon Night's debug mode, so I've been able to go back to the non-replayable dungeons and have been mapping those. Just Vance Cape and the Wystern houses to go, and the raw maps should be complete as far as I can tell. And then if I'm still in the mood to procrastinate, I'll get back to Magical Vacation since that game's too pretty to leave unmapped.

Offline Trop

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2014, 12:25:39 pm »
Yes I added the missing stuff to the Plane of Darkness and finished it but I didn't keep the raw maps.  And don't worry about submitting raw maps, most of the stuff at VGMaps are raws.

Offline eishiya

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2014, 04:25:33 pm »
It just feels awkward since they're not purely raw, they're partially labelled. I suppose it's better than nothing, though. I'll send them in. Does this mean I should send in the Magical Starsign maps too?

I'm afraid I'm going to have to save Magical Vacation until later.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 04:36:19 pm by eishiya »

Offline Trop

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2014, 11:27:04 pm »
If I had a walk through walls code for Magical Starsign I might consider it.  But there's a lot of other things to do mapping wise in that game so you might as well go ahead.

Offline Trop

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2014, 08:34:58 pm »
I'll just finish Magical Vacation myself.  I don't want it to sit around forever.

Offline Trop

« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2014, 08:12:26 am »
OK, done.  That's Magical Vacation.  There were some real messes but overall it was just a lot of work.

Offline eishiya

Re: eishiya's Raw Maps. Current WIP: Blasphemous
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2020, 08:51:35 pm »
I haven't stopped mapping during my absence from this thread. I did Casper (PSX), Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight, and Catmaze.

I recently started mapping Blasphemous, and since that's a fairly well-known game, I thought I'd mention it just in case anyone else was planning to do it. I will not be posting many updates since I prefer to just work on maps in peace and submit them when they're done, but if anyone else is interested in mapping this game, maybe we can figure out a way to split the work.

More WIPs: https://imgur.com/a/eQGgxEG
I'm still doing the first pass, so items are missing and some rooms are in their non-default states.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 08:52:11 pm by eishiya »

Offline eishiya

Re: eishiya's Maps. Current WIP: Blasphemous
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2020, 12:11:45 pm »
Progress update: Finished the raw maps (except for one missable bit) \o/

The next step is to arrange the area maps into one giant file to make sure things more or less connect (the rooms in this game do not connect cleanly), and then replay the game from the beginning to screenshot all the item locations and the missable area. Here's hoping my PC can handle a file that big.

Edit: No browser I tried could open the full-game PNG (c. 55k x 18k pixels) so I won't bother making that, I'll just make per-area maps.

Feb 11 edit: Done and submitted!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 09:01:07 pm by eishiya »

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Re: eishiya's Maps.
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2020, 06:40:22 pm »

https://twitter.com/Baxayaun/status/1278979278483357696

Looks like Enrique Colinet (who has worked on Blasphemous) likes your maps!  Good job!

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2020, 10:59:32 am »
Wow, I completely missed these!

You can see that rooms don't connect perfectly but it's barely noticeable considering how beautiful and clean those maps look.

...I'm honestly curious to see that full-game single map now :o. Maybe you could share a download link?
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline eishiya

« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2020, 05:00:58 pm »
@JonLeung: I saw! I'm really glad they saw and liked it!

...I'm honestly curious to see that full-game single map now :o. Maybe you could share a download link?
Sadly I didn't keep the arranged file since it was big and useless, sorry D: IIRC, it was mainly that Mercy Dreams had a lot of overlaps with surrounding areas, and minor misalignments elsewhere.

----
I haven't been working on any maps recently because I've been working on my own game! Maybe one day someone will want to map it ;D

Offline eishiya

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2021, 09:57:17 am »
During the last few months, I mapped Barbie: Magic Genie Adventure and Momodora 0: Day of Birth (fangame), both for Gameboy Color.

I didn't mean to go on a GBC spree, but at a friend's request, I'm now mapping Metal Gear: Ghost Babel, aka Metal Gear Solid for the GBC. The first two stages (of 13) were previously mapped by Marscaleb, but I've started over from scratch so that all my maps can be consistent with each other, though I took some layout pointers from their maps, and I'm probably going to make seamless unlabelled versions similar to theirs.

Current progress: DONE and posted!

Here's a sample, stages 3 and 4:

These two stages share a building, but some bits inaccessible in stage 3 are accessible in stage 4 and vice versa, hence the slight differences.

Since I'm making the first-pass maps using the Stage Select mode, the pick-ups are currently labelled according to Normal difficulty. I hope to go through and check the pick-ups on other difficulties after I've finished the Normal maps, and then based on what kinds of differences there are, I'll decide whether to make different versions of the maps for different difficulties, or whether to include everything in one map and indicate on the labels which difficulties have which pick-ups. I'm going through all the difficulties to check the pick-ups now. The difficulty-restricted items will have a difficulty level indicator in their labels indicating which difficulties they can be found on.

I will not be mapping the VR missions or the special versions of the stages, I'm not that into this game xP
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 09:37:53 am by eishiya »

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2021, 10:47:11 am »
Thanks for these Metal Gear Solid GBC maps!

I like the boss names and their similarity to Mega Man X bosses' names.  Besides an April Fools' Maps Of The Month from quite a while back, I also created this challenge for my friends:

Offline eishiya

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2023, 10:52:57 pm »
Just a heads up: I'm working on updating the Blasphemous maps to incorporate the new art and areas that were added in updates. Even for areas with only minor art updates, this often means remapping the entire area, and many areas were updated quite significantly, so this might take a while.

For example, here's a room from Mercy Dreams in the current map (featuring some leggies I apparently neglected to remove):

And this is what it looks like now:

I am about 1/3 done with the raw maps, but I'll need to double-check all the item, cherub, etc locations after I'm done, as those may also have changed. I know at least some have been shifted over a little to accommodate room layout changes.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2023, 10:34:01 am by eishiya »

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2023, 10:34:29 am »
That would be a nightmare scenario for me, having to basically remap the whole game to make sure that no change escapes my notice.
Your dedication is admirable!
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)