Author Topic: Adventures In The Magic Kingdom (NES)  (Read 12306 times)

Offline Grizzly

Adventures In The Magic Kingdom (NES)
« on: August 04, 2006, 03:15:54 pm »
This is a small project. The levels look quite nice, but while playing it flickers much. The game also is very short. There are two Jump'n Run levels, two racing levels and one 3D space level. So maps can only be made out of four levels of which I've already done the two Jump'n Run levels. Here is a "preview" of one, for the Ghost Mansion it helped a lot to be able to disable the enemy sprites.

User posted image

https://img211.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hauntedmansioney4.png

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
RE: Adventures In The Magic Kingdom (NES)
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 03:42:22 pm »
Weird how the second map is blocked off at work but the first one isn't.  Something about personal storage sites being blocked, but they're both ImageShack!

I'd like to see this done...it fits in the "NES Atlas recreation" I had hoped for.  This game wasn't in there, but other Disney games by Capcom were.

Offline DarkWolf

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 03:51:36 pm »
I've played this game.  I thought the designers did a good job at making the maps within the color limitations of the NES.

Offline Grizzly

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2006, 03:52:13 pm »
Here's another map. And a very long one - 9008 pixels. I am not sure about the upper-left corner: It is not visible in the game, so I left it blank. I just don't know if there would be something when being able to go there or if there really is nothing (as in: scrolling will only be enabled some screens farther - that's what was the case in the PiratesOfTheCaribbean map so it might be used here, too). I just hope that there is nothing so that the map is more original than if I would fill it with some mountain tiles.

User posted image

http://img363.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bigthundermountainxj7.png

The size didn't fit on the preview image. It is 242kB.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2006, 12:21:13 am »
Impressive. If I may make only one comment, it's that the water on the "Pirates of the Caribbean" map is inconsistent. You can see that the wave patterns for the upper half of the water changes halfway through the map. It would look better if you went back and made it continuous accross the map. Aside from that, I think those are really great.

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Grizzly

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2006, 01:01:59 am »
Uhm, that's not my fault because the water in this stage is not animated.

If something's animated in a game, I always try to make continuous parts of that thing all at the same animation frame. For example the water on the Railroad map, or the Caribbean fire.