Author Topic: (Help) Wonder Boy 1987 Sega MasterSystem  (Read 9735 times)

Offline dany1994gus

(Help) Wonder Boy 1987 Sega MasterSystem
« on: February 06, 2015, 12:29:26 pm »
Hello everyone I am new and do not speak English so I hope you understand me because I use google translator

If they can be so nice map extract all levels of the game "wonder boy" (the first game) version of sega master system. or already exists could pass the download link? thanks you!

Offline Maxim

Re: (Help) Wonder Boy 1987 Sega MasterSystem
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 05:38:53 am »
It doesn't exist, this game is very hard to complete. The nature of the game means it may be possible to map from this TAS: http://tasvideos.org/1777S.html

Offline Trop

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 08:55:44 pm »
Added to request listing.

Offline vorpal86

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 04:36:01 pm »
I've always wondered why the original Wonderboy, be it Arcade or Sega conversion and of course Adventure Island wasn't mapped. The games are difficult. There are a lot of the same BG designs in the game like in the forests and it could also get confusing.

Mapping Adventure Island should be easy enough considering there are Genie codes for it to help out. But not for Master system. As far as I know. I already have area1 round 1 of AI almost done. I've figured out a trick to map it quite easily, but time consuming since I'd basically redraw the map using tileset images.

As far as Wonderboy goes there are over 36 areas to map at least ; 9 areas, 4 rounds each = 36 in that game not counting the secret bonus levels. And each level is pretty long. About 8196 pixels. (at 8196x224)

At any rate. This game series is very nice.