Author Topic: I'm Back  (Read 12869 times)

Offline mephea

I'm Back
« on: August 27, 2006, 10:43:26 am »
Hey guys, I'm back into the mapping game for a spell.  I have no idea how long it has been since ive last been here, but I hope most of you still remember me.

I lost a very close friend not too long ago and I have been very upset about it and things.  I hope to start healing once I begin mapping again.  

I've also started college so I won't be fiendishly plugging away at things.  

Also, Jon, I would like to submit maps to you, I tire of labelling my maps with a bajillion-fillion 'www.videogamemaps.net' logos and stuff.  So once I finish mapping this game, I am going to submit it to you.  

I love you guys and If I can stay in the hobby this time, I will be around a litle bit, but probably not as much as I used to be.

<3

Offline DarkWolf

RE: I'm Back
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2006, 10:47:54 am »
I've only recently started submitting maps here, so I don't know you, but welcome back anyway.

Offline Revned

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2006, 11:36:35 am »
Hey, mephea! Glad to see you back. Which game are you going to be mapping? The boards aren't quite as active as they used to be, but at least they're still here.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2006, 11:36:35 am »
Mephea girl, it's good to see you again! Sorry I could't chat lately, but I'm back for real, so hopefully I'll see you on AIM soon.

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Revned

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2006, 11:36:59 am »
Whoa, nice post times....

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2006, 12:37:44 pm »
Weird. After posting my reply, yours didn't even appear yet it seems you beat me by a few milliseconds...

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2006, 12:41:00 pm »
Nice to have you back, mephea.  And it's nice to hear that you may be contributing stuff.  Perhaps you can stir up some interest in all of us for mapping again.

Offline mephea

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2006, 03:25:31 pm »
I am going to finish something my friend elizabeth was working on.  she was going to surprise me with it, but she was struggling to actually play and finish it on her laptop using the keyboard.  She was doing bubble bobble.  I know it isn't in great need of mapping, but i always wanted it and I will finish what she started.  

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2006, 03:55:46 pm »
That'll be a nice way to honor her memory. I have fond memories of playing that game many years ago all the way to the end.

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline KingKuros

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2006, 06:32:50 pm »
Hi Mephea!  Nice to have you back!

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2006, 09:08:41 pm »
I also love Bubble Bobble.

I imagine that if Bubble Bobble is laid out like the "this is how far down you went" screen, as in, each stage being lower down into the earth (and it ought to be, since each "room" is shown as being beneath the other), 100 screens tall would very likely make it the tallest map!

But if you do the NES one, or any of the other versions with the crystal ball and alternate path, I wonder how that would fit in?

Offline mephea

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2006, 08:41:45 am »
I am doing the NES version, with all stages in one big vertical map.  each stage has a quick tip and stuff.  shouldnt be too hard.  O_O