Author Topic: Crude ASCII Maps  (Read 9629 times)

Offline Maxim

Crude ASCII Maps
« on: August 02, 2007, 08:41:29 am »
http://www.monmouth.com/~colonel/videogames/

(The forum categories don't really have an ideal place for a "talking about mapping" thread, or a "link to other map sites" thread. I suppose here's close enough.)

A lot of them aren't really ASCII, but it's fun looking through.

Offline TerraEsperZ

RE: Crude ASCII Maps
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 10:10:07 am »
Damn it, now I wish I still had those old ASCII maps :) I had done all of the first Lands Of Lore game, as well as the first Alone In The Dark. Oh, and a few maps from Wolfenstein 3D and its sequel, Spear Of Destiny :(

To tell you how old they were, I had saved them on a 5 1/4" floppy...

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Maxim

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 10:53:16 am »
How about a mod for the tile splicer that lets you define ASCII chars for each tile? You could define 2x2, 3x3, etc blocks for each tile to get more detail. Either that, or just run them through one of those ASCII renderers.

Offline DarkWolf

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 06:49:43 pm »
I played a MUD once that had an ASCII map.  I took screenshots of the terminal window and pasted them together.  That's the closest I've gotten to making an ASCII map.